Conical for Rem.1858 revolver?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbrown

Reaction score
Howdy ! Just looking for some recommendations for a cast conical bullet to try out in my Uberti .44 cal. Rem 1858 revolver. I've shot about 100 round balls thru it (.454) and it seems to shoot just fine. I'm new to the BP revolver world and don't cast my own bullets (yet). I hear that a .451 conical is a good size for the Uberti. I'm also gonna try building some paper cartridges to speed things up a bit at the range. Recommendations for a good source for the conicals would also help out a bunch.
Thanks....

Ive shot .452 and .454 cast lead 180 and 200grain with good results in my Ruger Old Army revolver. .451 bullets may be prone to moving up off the powder when shooting hotter rounds. Depends on how snug they are in your cylinder. I think you might like a 200 although lots of guys swear that nothing shoots better than the round balls. They did shoot great in my old Pietta 1858. Ive also got a .454 160 grain mold Im hoping to cast up some bullets and try out. Ive also heard that a Kaido bullet shoots stellar in the ROAs and 1858s. You can buy them on GunBroker and sometimes on Ebay. Its on my list of bullets to try out.

Latest posts

Back