Conicals for CVA Wolf

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
Excuse me if this subject s covered elsewhere in this forum. Thank you all for the information shared here. I have a Wolf and read through the owners manual again. What caught my eye is the following statement

"Do not use lead conical bullets weighing over 400 grains in your CVA gun. Lead conical bullets are not recommended for use with peletized powder."

I think their assumption is that all shooters are using pelleted powder. I shoot loose powder and have 250 450 grain conicals I would like to shoot. Further I use a maximum of 100 grains. Can anyone clarify this for me.

Thank you.

They say that, but also say you can shoot any weight PowerBelt. PowerBelts come in 405 and 444 grain, both in pure lead and copper clad lead.

They publish loads for those with 100 grains by volume of Blackhorn 209.

If you click on this link, they publish loads for all the major BP substitutes, with up to their 444 grain bullets.

They have Ballistic Charts for White Hots, Pyrodex, Triple Se7en, and Blackhorn 209. Just click on your powder type in this link.

https://www.powerbeltbullets.com/Ballistics.php

They also list published 100 grain charges for White Hots, Pyrodex, and Triple Se7en PELLETS, with the 444 grain PowerBelts.

Just my 2 cents. CVA sells PowerBelts, not all lead conicals. If you can shoot up to a 444 grain Pure Lead or Copper Clad Lead PowerBelts plus whatever the skirt weighs, then why not another lead conical under 444 grains with or without a wad??? Both Western Powders and CVA/PowerBelt have published recommended loads for 444 grain bullets with up to 100 Volumetric Grain charges of Blackhorn 209.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back