Considering selling a white tominator??? Considerations

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John carter

Reaction score
I have a white tominator that has never been fired. Before considering selling this Shotgun, what considerations should be taken about shipping once sold in the lower 48? packaging.... Just put it into the original box? Separate box for the accessories so they do not rattle about and get next to gun? I have all of the items that came with gun except for the VHS tape. I have, instructions, catalog, four chokes, choke wrench, turkey call in box, bill of sale ...1997, a spare breach plug, two full bags of the white wads. how do I describe the condition..... It was sold to me from a gun Shop in ks that listed as used with a note ... Demo gun. it was on display and does have some nicks in the stock. No gouges .... zero in the metal. I appreciate any feedback as I have never sold a gun on line before.

I have a white tominator that has never been fired. Before considering selling this Shotgun, what considerations should be taken about shipping once sold in the lower 48? packaging.... Just put it into the original box? Separate box for the accessories so they do not rattle about and get next to gun? I have all of the items that came with gun except for the VHS tape. I have, instructions, catalog, four chokes, choke wrench, turkey call in box, bill of sale ...1997, a spare breach plug, two full bags of the white wads. how do I describe the condition..... It was sold to me from a gun Shop in ks that listed as used with a note ... Demo gun. it was on display and does have some nicks in the stock. No gouges .... zero in the metal. I appreciate any feedback as I have never sold a gun on line before.
Shipping.... Cost to mail in lower 48? legal to ship to all states?

easy enough to find out, just have to know measurements/weight of package and call post office. Break gun down and wrap in bubble wrap and double box if possible..USPS can sometimes get rough with packages and UPS and Fed Ex are known for not being very gentle.

Not all states are created equal. Some states require ML's to go through a FFL. As far as packaging, the best way with an original boxed firearm is to double wrap everything in the box so it doesn't rattle around and then place it in a secondary box. I also, sometimes, turn the original box inside out. These boxes are "folded" together and can be unfolded and refolded with the unprinted side out. As far as shipping cost, you can go to the USPS estimator, enter the required info and get a price. FYI, USPS is the cheapest but large packages are moving really slow through their system. For me, UPS and FEDEX have both damaged rifles and FEDEX lost one. I don't use them anymore. To get top buck I would list with Gun Broker. It's kind of a PITA but most of the time it's worth it. If you don't want to go that route they're several ML sites around you can list on. When describing your firearm for sale, I would pass along the info you were given, and post with lots of pics(especially the breech area). There are a couple of unfired Tominators for sale out there right now. They are priced at 700 and just sitting. IMO, 550-600 would be more realistic but that's your call. Hope this helps.

Not all states are created equal. Some states require ML's to go through a FFL. As far as packaging, the best way with an original boxed firearm is to double wrap everything in the box so it doesn't rattle around and then place it in a secondary box. I also, sometimes, turn the original box inside out. These boxes are "folded" together and can be unfolded and refolded with the unprinted side out. As far as shipping cost, you can go to the USPS estimator, enter the required info and get a price. FYI, USPS is the cheapest but large packages are moving really slow through their system. For me, UPS and FEDEX have both damaged rifles and FEDEX lost one. I don't use them anymore. To get top buck I would list with Gun Broker. It's kind of a PITA but most of the time it's worth it. If you don't want to go that route they're several ML sites around you can list on. When describing your firearm for sale, I would pass along the info you were given, and post with lots of pics(especially the breech area). There are a couple of unfired Tominators for sale out there right now. They are priced at 700 and just sitting. IMO, 550-600 would be more realistic but that's your call. Hope this helps.
I was considering $500 plus shipping. As,the wads and spare nipple is there, got a good idea as to how to pack it all. thanks.now to figure out where I can sell it and not .... In mail. thanks for the inputs

Back