Cooper of Montana - Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, im quite happy with my Forbes Timney which atm is set at 2.5lb. Its more than adequate for my hunting and informal shooting needs.

Cooper Firearms said:
I really wanted to make it to the May match at friendship but couldn't get approval to do so. I can already say with confidence that I will not make the match in June due to prior obligations in the Western US. However.....the September match is a very real possibility!! I doubt I'd win the match but it darn sure sounds like a good time, good testing ground, & a good chance for the rifle to stretch it's legs.

A good rifle doesn't have to win a match to prove itself. It just has to do what is ask of it and respond to it. The good workmanship in my Cooper .22 answers my questions about quality of Cooper Firearms

Cooper Firearms said:
It wouldn't matter if all 50 states allowed hunting with smokeless, it still would not be on the table at this time & may never be. It's just too early to tell at this point. Honestly, I am not really sure it's something that I'll push for, simply because of the super small share of the ML market it holds.

And I would totally agree - I do not think it is necessary at all.

Glenn,

Beautiful rifle in every way.

Just a suggestion to program in two 120 degree turns when cutting the head on that breech plug would leave you with a hex head. A socket and extension could then be used to remove it. This would save you having to manufacture and include that extremely nice breech plug wrench and handle. This way, if on a hunt where the breech plug wrench was either lost or left at home, and socket set with a long extension could remove and replace the breech plug.

I'm afraid that I am a big sucker for a great looking chunk of checkered walnut and a deeply blued barrel and receiver. The Stainless is nice and user friendly for most any hunting condition, but just doesn't trip my impulse trigger. I must resist!

Were those Scorpion 300s shot with the supplied Harvester crushed rib sabot?..... or did you purchase the 50-pk bullets-only and use another sabot model or make?

BTW.... no target gets more impressive than that one shown. Wowzer!

Cooper Firearms said:
Yes, it was 110 grains of BH209 & the 300 PT gold with supplied black sabot, according to the write up.

Awesome rifle Glenn - you guys should really be proud of that rifle.

Cooper Firearms said:
I would like to see it really stretch it's legs! I haven't given up on a trip to Friendship either.

There's a number of guys here on the site that shoot long range often. Good shots too. Look one of them up and have him test the rifle. Or.... send it to me and we'll find what it will do at 400yds :wink:

That target is a wall hanger!

Stop by NW Iowa, free room and board with deer steaks on the grill :yeah:

You sure are making it hard for a guy to stay on a budget :D

Latest posts

Back