Copper ML with Synthetic stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have obtained a few 458 1-20 twist barrels for R&D purposes. As soon as time permits I'll play with them and perhaps we will offer that bore/twist. I welcome your opinions on that.

Im glad you are listening. A huge percentage of the people buying upper end smokeless builds are choosing the 45cals for a reason. Frankly they shoot better and faster. Just look at what is winning the Inline matches at Friendship lately...Every last one has been a 45cal for quite awhile now. Those guys are sizing jacketed bullets to fit their bores and getting over 2300fps with Blackhorn209. Some have set new records.

45cal 1-20 to 1-22 will shoot a huge variety of bullets including sabots and big conicals. Even Knight has brought back a small run or two of fast twist 45s and they have won some events.

You probably know that TB is testing some new bullets. Two of those bullets require a twist faster than 1-28 in 50cal and 45cal. ATM he plans on using a new Knight fast twist 45 to test the 40cal bullet......Just something to think about. ;)

Cooper I am really glad that you were able to drop in and help clear some of these thoughts up.

I really had thought that I had read an accuracy guarantee on the Cooper ML's at one time but I was in able to locate the source of my thought... thanks for getting that corrected.

Personally I appreciate you taking the time to drop in and help square the record.

I really believe as more of these rifles get out to the public we will hear more from individual owners on there successes and failures with the rifle.

The longer than necessary bolt is not that large of a hindrance for me - I lived with a couple of Rem 700ML's with the short action Remington receiver. In their day they were a very good rifle and shot very well. If the rifle is good as I believe it is the action will not be the hindrance.

Could you tell me more about the Wilson barrel? or really what is the loading capabilities of the rifle in terms of powder loads?

45cal said:
45cal said:
why does everything have to be custom.
I invited you to bring it to Friendship once . You should have

Friendship is not the 'Gold Standard' of what a rifle might do for the average American hunter. I would be far more interested in what it did in the field while hunting!

Yep its one thing to read about a new rifle in something like Field and Stream but holding one at a major event could go a long way. I would have a harder time slapping down $2000 for something like a firearm that ive never held.

Absolutely agree. I appreciate Cooper posting about this. I don't believe he said anything that the customer service tech at Cooper told me over the phone EXCEPT that customer service was very important to him and that they handle each customer on a case by case basis. I was told the exact opposite. Did I get a guy on a bad day?? Certainly possible. If I would have spoke to the gentleman from Cooper who posted here, I may have very well have placed an order that day. I'll let this sink in before I do anything but his response may warrant another conversation (with him this time)

Cooper firearms, would you please message me with your contact information.
Thank you,
Kevin

Forumites,

I'd like to express my thanks to all of you for the thoughtful and fast replies.

As I have said before, I would love to go to Friendship as it's on my bucket list and a pilgrimage that I have dreamed about for many years. However, I cannot afford to go on my own dime and would need to convince the holders of the purse strings here to cover the bill. So far I have not been able to achieve that but as the M22 ML grows in popularity, I am hopeful that it would happen. As someone stated, I believe the main thing to be gained from a trip there would be simply brand recognition, which is still a good thing.

I am excited to start messing with the 45 caliber barrels to see what they can do. I am aware that TB has been testing some new bullets. He wished to use a Cooper in 45 caliber but one did not exist, so I was unable to assist him. His tests seem to be going well & I wish him as well as the bullet maker all the best.

As far as the mistaken information given by one of our employees, that is an easy correction and will be handled.

As far as the rifle's success in the hunting fields, several very nice game animals have been taken with them. Obviously myself and some other employees used them for local deer seasons here with good success as well as some TX hogs that met their demise. TB has used his for several deer as well as a black bear. We sponsor a Canadian television program called Live to Hunt with Cody & Kelsey and they have had great success with one. Another television program is True Magnum TV and they too have had awesome success. I will attach some links for any who are interested.

https://www.instagram.com/p/9_yvtIu9WM/ ... erfirearms

https://www.facebook.com/26780730339940 ... =3&theater

https://www.google.com/search?q=toby+br ... YlHm6wM%3A

sabotloader said:
45cal said:
45cal said:
why does everything have to be custom.
I invited you to bring it to Friendship once . You should have

Friendship is not the 'Gold Standard' of what a rifle might do for the average American hunter. I would be far more interested in what it did in the field while hunting!

Don't think the conversation of fast twist 45 would even be occurring if it not be for what the NMLRA started.
I say this with confidence as BH209 and fast twist 45's have been on the market for well over a decade - it's only been the matches at Friendship that have exposed the fast twist 45 with 2 very successful loads.
1) Max charge BH209 with 250-300gr sabotless bullets.
2) Black powder charge (approx 90gr 2F), conicals of in the 500gr range - 1850's technology.

As for the average American Hunter - at his distances, I suspect one could kill a deer with a rock in a ML.

Cooper Firearms said:
Forumites,

I'd like to express my thanks to all of you for the thoughtful and fast replies.

As I have said before, I would love to go to Friendship as it's on my bucket list and a pilgrimage that I have dreamed about for many years. However, I cannot afford to go on my own dime and would need to convince the holders of the purse strings here to cover the bill. So far I have not been able to achieve that but as the M22 ML grows in popularity, I am hopeful that it would happen. As someone stated, I believe the main thing to be gained from a trip there would be simply brand recognition, which is still a good thing.

Many of use are just glad that another ML has entered the field, with Cooper's name/reputation there no reason it shouldn't do well. Once you make your pilgrimage to Friendship - I suspect you'll be like Knight, Ultimate and other gun supporters and want to return.
So, don't wait.

I would love to have a wood stock/blued version in .45 but would be scared to death of scratching it up hunting even though I'm super careful even to the point of being obsessive about trying to not mar up my guns.

Latest posts

Back