Cost of Blackhorn!!!!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter12

Reaction score
Why did they cut the amount of powder in a bottle from 10oz. down to 8oz. and raise the price from around $36.00 per bottle to as high as $79 up to $90???????

Why did they cut the amount of powder in a bottle from 10oz. down to 8oz. and raise the price from around $36.00 per bottle to as high as $79 up to $90???????
They did that dastardly thing for 3 reasons. So the big hot shots get yearly bonus. 2 so they can gather up funds to buy out another powder Company. 3 Because they can !

Cause they can ,and did/probably more too! Time to investigate that powder that irritates Tom so much , could be a winner! As for me I'm good on powder ( OE 1 1/2/2/3/ and dare I say 4F)

Cause they can ,and did/probably more too! Time to investigate that powder that irritates Tom so much , could be a winner! As for me I'm good on powder ( OE 1 1/2/2/3/ and dare I say 4F)
I am some what like you on powder stash now. I have various brands of 2 & 3 f both Blk. n Trip 7. Plus have Swiss 4 f n Swiss Null B. Trying to save up few hundred to buy 8 cans of Swiss 3 F

They raised the prices on it because the industry gun writers pro-claimed it as the greatest thing to ever hit the market, and everyone went crazy with the hype on the stuff. Every forum you read, every webpage you visit, all the hunting shows and hunting celeb's you watch pushing the stuff, no wonder everyone is fighting to get their hands on it.

That's called marketing, generate the the hype, and everyone will want it. All who shoot and hype this stuff can blame no one but themselves for making it what it cost today period.

blackhorn is just doing their part to encourage muzzleloaders to start shooting smokeless guns .

And/or if your like me, encouraging
us to just use powders like real black, pyrodex, and triple 7 and swab between shots. And clean your gun
right away when your done shooting it. (Should be doing that anyways.)
I actually like doing those things. But I'm kind of odd like that. :)

So probably a dumb question lol. I usually shoot pellets and decided to buy a 8oz jug of blackhorn and noticed the jug was not even half full. Is this normal? Seemed off to me. Got it from cabelas also. I feel i got stiffed for 80 bucks lol

Back