Couldn't help myself 2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
I have been keen on getting a flintlock for a while, mostly for playing around but also a bit of hunting. Had my heart set on a longrifle but all that I found were too expensive or too literal I.e. too long to fit in my safe! (Bear in mind it's a legal requirement here for all guns to be locked in a safe when not in use).

I ended up finding this in near new condition for a very good price. Pedersoli Indian Trade Musket. Fowler type guns are like hens teeth in Australia so it was a great deal. 20G/62 cal, need to figure out what size ball I want to cast still.

Hopefully will have some hunting stories to share in the near future, due to arrive next week I'll post some more photos but for the meantime here's a sneak peak.

Resized_2(4).jpg

Yup! Aroma therapy...
Bad thing muzzleloaders. That bug bites, it digs in like a tick. No known cure, just decent into joyful madness. And poverty.
Don't remind the govt. that the British Empire was built with smoothbores. They might take notice of that one of yours...

I didn't take many photos when i picked it up this morning, but suffice it to say the gun is in near new condition and feels like a steal.

Probably won't get it out this weekend but will try and get some more photos to upload this week. I've never named a gun before but a mate of mine who is into this mythological history suggested "Tarasque" after the French mythical dragon. Fitting given the one on the gun and my French ancestory so "Tarasque" it is!
Screenshot_20211023-145633_Gallery.jpg

20211023_122202.jpg

20211023_122210.jpg

20211023_122223.jpg

Handsome smoothie with an excellent name!
I don't give my "wifles" human names. My affection for them is already... curious(?) to most. The lone exception is Victoria, Vicky to her friends, my repop P53 Enfield. She's very hard on yankees. And yankee deer!
Enjoy your punkin' chucker!

>>>>>>I ended up finding this in near new condition for a very good price. Pedersoli Indian Trade Musket. Fowler type guns are like hens teeth in Australia so it was a great deal. 20G/62 cal, need to figure out what size ball I want to cast still. Hopefully will have some hunting stories to share in the near future, <<<<<

Congratulations, that will make you a fine hunting piece. My last two deer were taken with a .62cal smoothbore trade rifle no back sight.
I shot a .610 round ball with .10 thousands lubed patching over 90 grains of Goex 3F powder.

A short hunting story ... both deer, a doe and a button buck, came up under my ladder stand. I shot the doe first then loaded and shot the little buck.
My bother- in- law named me "Twos!" because his version of the tale was "I shot two deer, with two shots in less than two minutes, and stayed inebriated for two days!

Big John

Latest posts

Back