Covid-19 Delayed Shipping?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
My orders from Amazon, Optics Planet, Midway USA, Black Rock Canyon, Lehigh Defense, and others are either starting to ship, or have arrived at my address.

None of these companies, from small to large, have but the vaguest idea when the item/s a person orders is going to ship. Sometimes the original order estimate of what will supposedly ship first, ends up shipping last.

So for me, patience has been the order of the day. Which is a GOOD THING, as I have been in sore need of practice for a VERY LONG TIME!!!!!!

One of my Costco orders took forever but no issues using Amazon Prime. Bought tons of stuff since "Rona" madness kicked in.

I stimulated an order from Nanchez....more Barnes play things....and was told that there would be a 16 day shipping delay due to Covid. I ordered on the 4th and was notified today, the 11th, that the order shipped this morning. Harvester was sure prompt. And some fishing related stuff has been real prompt. I don't fault any business for lagging a bit if it helps keep the healthy. I think this Covid scourge is going have lasting affects for a long, long time.

My orders from Amazon, Optics Planet, Midway USA, Black Rock Canyon, Lehigh Defense, and others are either starting to ship, or have arrived at my address.

None of these companies, from small to large, have but the vaguest idea when the item/s a person orders is going to ship. Sometimes the original order estimate of what will supposedly ship first, ends up shipping last.

So for me, patience has been the order of the day. Which is a GOOD THING, as I have been in sore need of practice for a VERY LONG TIME!!!!!!
I ordered a bunch of stuff recently from different vendors for a custom range box I'm building. I also ordered some stuff to freshen up my bike for the summer riding season and some stuff for my koi pond. I actually could have bought some of these things locally but chose to have the stuff delivered rather then put myself out there anymore then I had to. The downside to nail order? You gotta wait! That's all their is to it and Murphy's law being what it is, the thing you need first will be the thing that arrives last.
57cc8d3187166671f52ffb44c8dfcfcd--free-woodworking-plans-woodworking-projects~2.jpg
This isn't the box but it'll be something along these lines.
KIMG0686.JPG
Aretha
KIMG0974.JPG
My sharks
I really got too many hobbys
neil

That box reminds me of those red oak machinist chests that I lusted after when I was 19.

Was Gerstner the brand?

That should turn out to be a real nice shooting box.

I am using white oak but I'm using a ton of ideas from other range box's I've seen then adding a few things I haven't seen.

A few Things that I have ordered have taken an Extra Day, Along with a Few things i have Shipped have taken an Extra Day

I lost 3-4 weeks on a rifle I ordered from Shiloh Sharps being shut down :mad:

I’ve had a number of items take exceptionally long to get shipped from vendors. My guess it’s about the surge in online shopping to avoid the virus that is causing a lot of shortages and delays.

I’ve had a number of items take exceptionally long to get shipped from vendors. My guess it’s about the surge in online shopping to avoid the virus that is causing a lot of shortages and delays.

I agree, LOTS of Online Shopping going on. I asked our Post Master Why the Delay? He said it was over Voluntary Lay off Stuff, That they are Short Handed

Get this. I placed a order with Costco so i didnt need to make a special trip. They beat the price on an item i wanted by a huge amount. THAT item arrived within a couple days FREE SHIPPING. Well with that order i had 2 food items. Neither was perishable and they charged $6 in shipping total for 2 day service. Granted they had a warning those items could take a week to arrive. Both those items came from 1 state away and took about 2 stinking weeks to get here.

They dont offer any other shipping method for those 2 food items if the order is under $75. The other item is not included in the minimum and alone was well over $75. :mad:

Yes shipping is slower sent a muzzy out that was supposed to be 3 day delivery. It got stuck somewhere. After I did a search complaint with the Postal Service it got delivered. I believe it took 8 days. So much for priority, but hey all is well it got there! Everybody is happy!

Yep ive seen almost all my trackable stuff just sit someplace for a week or more. I had one package got as close as Detroit then it went to Cincinnati and sat for 7-8 days then went back to Detroit. Still waiting for that one. Its been in detroit for 3 days now.

One of the members over at ALR is an air cargo pilot. He was saying there, a week or so ago, that everyone forgets that all airline flights fly cargo to make money. Since luggage does not fill their cargo holds to capacity, they take on about 15% as paying freight.

With airlines cut back to almost no flights, the cargo carriers are having to take up that slack. And they can't manage because there are not enough planes, or pilots.

So, delays.

I am seeing a lot more local delivery trucks on the road: FedEX, UPS and Amazon. I am ordering more online and the delays, when there is one has been with the shipper. Once the item is out it seems to arrive in the usual amount of time. My luck I guess. No more signatures, although I image FFL firearms still require signature. Some deliveries with masked drivers and others not. I topped off my oil at $1.50 / gallon and that driver did not look worried. I kept my distance. While, I am not particularly worried, I dont want to be the one to infect my friends or family. It is funny how people react. I have friends and family who are desperate for company and others hunker down in bunker mode. I visit the lonely and respect those who play it safe. I do appreciate those at risk real or small who do their jobs.

I am seeing a lot more local delivery trucks on the road: FedEX, UPS and Amazon. I am ordering more online and the delays, when there is one has been with the shipper. Once the item is out it seems to arrive in the usual amount of time. My luck I guess. No more signatures, although I image FFL firearms still require signature. Some deliveries with masked drivers and others not. I topped off my oil at $1.50 / gallon and that driver did not look worried. I kept my distance. While, I am not particularly worried, I dont want to be the one to infect my friends or family. It is funny how people react. I have friends and family who are desperate for company and others hunker down in bunker mode. I visit the lonely and respect those who play it safe. I do appreciate those at risk real or small who do their jobs.
My wife was at the credit union with her mask on the other day and some older guy yaps at her that she dont need a mask its all a conspiracy. She tells him in no uncertain terms to mind his own ****'n business! haha, the mouth on this one... made me a lil proud.

Yep ive seen almost all my trackable stuff just sit someplace for a week or more. I had one package got as close as Detroit then it went to Cincinnati and sat for 7-8 days then went back to Detroit. Still waiting for that one. Its been in detroit for 3 days now.
USPS Detroit was a mess before covid... Now it's a crazy mess with even less accountability and sense.

Latest posts

Back