COVID Vaccines

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you already had or will you take the COVID vaccine shots?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't really planned on getting the covid-19 vaccine, but my wife has multiple health issues. We just left the kidney Dr. this evening he told her to get the vaccine shot, if she got Covid it would kill her. So we both will get it! We have to register here in VA. which I have already done. Some family members are getting it some are not. My 93 yr old MIL got it yesterday.

Reactions: HC
My wife got the Vaccine, She works in healthcare. I’m not gonna get it.

We both ended up catching Covid, Had my Wife not been told (Due to her Job, Being Tested EVERY Monday Morning) We would never have Known we had it?
Good deal on the outcome.

I'm still on the fence about getting the vaccine myself. My wife and I were told on the 23 & 24 of December last year that we tested positive. That ruined our Christmas and New Years' with the family and Grandchildren. I had a fever for a week that went between 101.5 to 103. I lived on Tylenol and Ibuprofin every four hours while I was awake for a week. Finally was told to go to the hospital for the Antibodies Infusion. That helped get rid of the fever and helped me with Covid. So I can't get the Vaccine if I wanted to for another 60 days or so. Some of my family members got the Vaccine and several of them got very sick with the second dose. So I'm going to wait awhile.

I've had both, the wife has had both and neither one of us has grown a 3rd eye. ;)

I have friends that are firefighters and paramedics. They've had a front row seat to what COVID can do to some. Its a very slow, lonely and miserable death from suffocation. I was told flat out by my paramedic friends, "Do not get COVID! It will kill you."

We both had the Pfizer vaccine. From what I understand, its the Moderna vaccine that has the tendency with the second shot to make people a little ill.

The first thing that comes to my mind is..... “Leading the Sheep to Slaughter”
Precisely, vaccines are tested for years before being available for general use. You don't know what will happen a year or so down the road with this vaccine against a virus with an almost 100% survivability rate.
Seems Don Hendley sang it long ago, and it's especially true now.

Last edited:
Hard pass from me, and no way on gods green earth will my kids be getting it.

Call me cynical but pharmaceutical companies standing to make billions of dollars from an undertested vaccine while assuring the world its safe yet requiring governments to sign liability waivers doesn't fill me with confidence.

People are easily lead to hysteria, no one has ever criticised me before in life for not getting influenza vaccinations. Plenty of things I am vaccinated for though e.g. measles, tetanus, whooping cough, diphtheria etc. Elderly people and those with underlying health risks I'm all for getting it, but the mortality rate of healthy people just doesn't pass the cost benefit for me.

@ENCORE50A myself and many others aren't concerned about the short term risks. mRNA vaccines that play around with the coding of proteins in your body and the long term risks of this are the concern. I'm 30 in a couple of weeks and have small kids, what could happen over the next 40 or 50 years because of this is what I'm uncomfortable. You also need to bear in mind that covid is novel, it will never be more lethal than it is now. Eventually we'll develop some natural immunity in the same way that we have for influenza.

Call me cynical but pharmaceutical companies standing to make billions of dollars from an undertested vaccine while assuring the world its safe yet requiring governments to sign liability waivers doesn't fill me with confidence.

People are easily lead to hysteria, no one has ever criticised me before in life for not getting influenza vaccinations. Plenty of things I am vaccinated for though e.g. measles, tetanus, whooping cough, diphtheria etc. Elderly people and those with underlying health risks I'm all for getting it, but the mortality rate of healthy people just doesn't pass the cost benefit for me.

@ENCORE50A myself and many others aren't concerned about the short term risks. mRNA vaccines that play around with the coding of proteins in your body and the long term risks of this are the concern. I'm 30 in a couple of weeks and have small kids, what could happen over the next 40 or 50 years because of this is what I'm uncomfortable. You also need to bear in mind that covid is novel, it will never be more lethal than it is now. Eventually we'll develop some natural immunity in the same way that we have for influenza.
Exactly . 👍

Well said...

By nature I'm suspicious of governmental authority figures because over my over 60 years on this rock, they have taught me that that they can't be trusted. Ever since this thing hit it's been nothing but a long parade of lies and misinformation. I don't dispute this virus can be deadly...clearly it can. But the survivability data is also clear. And when all I hear out of certain members of the medical community is the worst case scenario, doom and gloom message and vaccines will be our saving grace and not a word about our own God given immune system, again I'm suspicious. The Bible tells us the love of money is the root of all evil...and the medical profession and the pharmacutical industry have long been hopelessly intertwined. I'm not buying it. You do you...I'll do me. You want the vaccine then get it. But the minute someone starts talking mandatory or else...my hand tightens around the pistol grip and forearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back