Crappie sized crankbaits

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
A couple years ago I got focused on catching crappies with pint-sized crankbaits and just fell in love with. My bait collection has grown. Recently I found some un-finished crankbait bodies that fit the size format I like and ordered a package of 15 of them. $18.00, free shipping. Not bad. Nine days from order to delivery from China no less.

We have finally thawed out a bit after our bout with the artic air and yesterday I began spraying a few of these to see how well they turn out. I can say I'm pretty pleased with things thus far. Now all I need is a few hooks and some open water.

MHHNjLO.jpg

I have used the hard plastic grasshopper crank bait to catch them in the past. I have a couple ponds I have access to that are loaded with crappie. The white marabou jig with white head and black eye works the best for me. Wife and I caught a “few” for dinner a week ago.

Baits look really good Mr. Tom.

I've got close to 300 crappie crank baits bought them all at once off a guy who was either quitting crappie fishing or buying new ones but most of the ones he sold me were like new or new..

Started trolling cranks last year for crappie and caught a few plus white bass and about a 3# largemouth, only tried it a couple times as I like to cast jigs more then troll I like to feel the crappie thump the jig.

Here are three done in orange and chartreuse with a platinum pearl clear gloss top coat that has the orange darned near on fire. I can't recall where I even got the pearl product from but I would imagine it came with some components for plastic as that seems to be its intended use. I liked how it looked smeared dry on a finger so I whipped some into that top coat and bingo!

ZooeLbV.jpg

I need to get a daylight picture of this orange bait. Finishing up today with daylight the three of these on the drying rack were crazy pretty.

These three look like darned goldfish.

Latest posts

Back