Curious ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, traditional, or rather "not an in-line"

Since it is more traditional you may get better underhammer-specific info on the sister site at muzzleloadingforum.com

My kit is not a sidelock n judging by others in other Forums its not a Traditional. Being an Underhammer what would it be Under ! :)
You’ll fit right in with the crowd at muzzleloadingforum.com great bunch of very knowledgeable shooters. In the builders forum there are always a few home built underhammers… some of them folks have skills!

You’ll fit right in with the crowd at muzzleloadingforum.com great bunch of very knowledgeable shooters. In the builders forum there are always a few home built underhammers… some of them folks have skills!
I was over there n they in the flintlock Forum wanted to tar n feather me. LOL I basically only reply in the perc. Forum there now

Yes you are so right on those in the Build Bench group, many are very very good. I would make a decent apprintice under one of them

I was over there n they in the flintlock Forum wanted to tar n feather me. LOL I basically only reply in the perc. Forum there now
Although I have been a member over there since 2006, I only go to the sister site to look at the classifieds. Even in the percussion forum you'll get far too many "use a PRB" or "get a flintlock" responses when that has nothing to do with the topic.

Although I have been a member over there since 2006, I only go to the sister site to look at the classifieds. Even in the percussion forum you'll get far too many "use a PRB" or "get a flintlock" responses when that has nothing to do with the topic.
That’s true, but I’m persistent… probably annoying the hell out of those people…

My kit is not a sidelock n judging by others in other Forums its not a Traditional. Being an Underhammer what would it be Under ! :)
Smoke, I reckon you're now just one of those under dog type fellers. :)

Looking forward to seeing pics of your underhammer rifle when you get it completed.

Well I’m not by any means an expert but just a quick google search for Underhammer rifles shows articles mentioning them being produced in the early mid 1830’s , some by the Henry rifle Co. sounds pretty darn traditional to me? I will continue to post here and you should too.

Those under hammers make some beautiful rifles. And they shoot! I've been thinking of a project gun, and this might move me in the direction of an underhammer kit.

Well I’m not by any means an expert but just a quick google search for Underhammer rifles shows articles mentioning them being produced in the early mid 1830’s , some by the Henry rifle Co. sounds pretty darn traditional to me? I will continue to post here and you should too.
Yes, it is and if @Zonie was here he’d set the record straight.

Back