Currently available 45 cal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m also looking for a new fast twist 45 that’s BH209 capable. Don’t want a hammer to cock and I desire something as light as possible.
My Super 91 in 45 weighs 8 lbs 2 oz ready to hunt. Just more than I want to carry as I age out of this world. The New England hills seem higher every year.

So, the Cooper...7lbs or more and $2,275 or more. Heavier than I’d like and, yes, pricey.

The Woodman Arms Patriot intrigues me, 6 lbs and $899. I admire the effort made to bring a such an innovative design to market. It meets my requirements and the walnut stock version I find particularly attractive. I wonder about the complexity of the action and operating it in the woods. I’ve watched the videos but need to put hands on to be sold. I almost feel I should buy one just to support their hard work and financial risk.
Bravo!

That leaves the Ultra-lite...6 lbs and $1,015 at Midway with nitride and a green spider web stock. No mystery here except how they managed to make it so light. My Disc Elite 50 weighs a svelte 9 lbs ready to hunt! It never makes it further than the range.

I’m leaning toward the Ultra-lite, familiar handling, simple design and while it’s not cheap...it might be the last gun I buy.
Yeah, right! No, really!!!

Not attempting to twist your arm... But just wanted to throw this out there. I understand that it is risky to buy something without seeing or holding it. We always stand behind our money back policy. Shoot it, take it hunting and if for some reason you regret buying it, we will buy it back.
The action may seem complex, but it's simply a hammerless, crossbolt safety design. In the woods, its simply push the safety and pull the trigger. When you pull the break trigger you also cock the hammer.
Without a scope, the peep/iron sight option will weigh right around 5.5 pounds. Scoped usually weighs 6.5 on average.
As far as maintenance of the action, I have a customer who put 1000 rounds through his before needing to pull the trigger group out for cleaning and applying a little oil.
Anyways, thank you for your interest.

Which Knight bolt works best with the Lehigh BP?
The bare primer type with rails or the FPJ bolt with the Lehigh adapter.

I have the FPJ bolt and adapter in my Elite and it works well.

If I order an Ultra-lite, I’ll have a choice.

Go with the FPJ and buy the Lehigh adapter. You can also buy the bare primer bolt body at Sportmans for about $85 shipped. The NFPJ adapter is easier to load. The bare primer bolt is prettier. Only takes a few seconds to swap bolt bodies. Internals are the same.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...parts/knight-mountaineer-209-conv-k/p/1508871

Back