CVA Accura MR-X .45 without issues?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just purchased this new MR-X 45 cal from Midway. Put a decent scope on it and have been slamming 8 inch ceramic tiles at 250 yards all day long. I have not put on paper at that distance but at 100 yards I am shooting 3/4 inch groups with Shooters world loose powder. BH209 is 90 dollars for 8 oz here I'm not paying that. I tried pyrodex and it did not like that as well. T7 was a about 70 fps faster but the ole crud ring came back. Shooting the hornady xtp, and Barnes bullets and it shoots well. This is new shooter for me. I also have the Optima V2 and the Wolf and they are good 50 cals but I have no regrets with the 45 cal. Just a little tough finding bullets at a decent price. Hopes this helps anyone with concerns. Stay safe
Nice, mine shoots very accurately as well. I have been using BH209 because I got some in 2021 for $40 a 10oz bottle. I have 2.5 remaining. It’s not a gun I’ll be shooting a lot so that should last me a few years at least

IMO don't shot the BH209. Our scheels is carrying the Shooters World black and it shoots clean and is around 23.99 a pound and is only on average 70 fps slower than T7 with no crud ring using the cheddite primers
. I am telling you it is great stuff

So I didn't want to admit it but I ordered the Mossy Oak Bottomland 45 cal MRX from Midway for $431. I am a sucker for bottomland camo and just couldn't resist it any longer and had to find out what I would get, good or bad. Well, it turned out good for me, so far. Received the MRX today and I am very surprised and pleased. Was expecting to have to send it to CVA for refund or replacement but that is not the case. Fit and finish are just fine and no off center forearm and the rifling is clean, smooth and no chatter marks. My plans are to put a 3-9×40 VX-1 I have on the existing mount and will look at other bases just in case this one cracks. Hopefully it'll shoot well.20230125_204605.jpg 20230125_204441.jpg20230125_204539.jpg20230125_204628.jpg20230125_204632.jpg20230125_204643.jpg

Attachments

• 20230125_204634.jpg
    20230125_204634.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So I didn't want to admit it but I ordered the Mossy Oak Bottomland 45 cal MRX from Midway for $431. I am a sucker for bottomland camo and just couldn't resist it any longer and had to find out what I would get, good or bad. Well, it turned out good for me, so far. Received the MRX today and I am very surprised and pleased. Was expecting to have to send it to CVA for refund or replacement but that is not the case. Fit and finish are just fine and no off center forearm and the rifling is clean, smooth and no chatter marks. My plans are to put a 3-9×40 VX-1 I have on the existing mount and will look at other bases just in case this one cracks. Hopefully it'll shoot well.
Cant wait to hear how and what it shoots. Great looker.

love the gun, That is the same one I got. Truly love it, let me know what you are shooting through it. Always looking for tips and ideas. Stay safe

I sure thought about trying one of these rifles I've hesitated because I cannot find a single post on it,, and little by little I'm beginning to not trust the Italian rifle makers with CVA it's pretty much become a role of the dice sometimes you get a good rifle and sometimes you don't. You would think as many shooters as there are on Modern Muzzleloader we would get a post about one of them

So I didn't want to admit it but I ordered the Mossy Oak Bottomland 45 cal MRX from Midway for $431. I am a sucker for bottomland camo and just couldn't resist it any longer and had to find out what I would get, good or bad. Well, it turned out good for me, so far. Received the MRX today and I am very surprised and pleased. Was expecting to have to send it to CVA for refund or replacement but that is not the case. Fit and finish are just fine and no off center forearm and the rifling is clean, smooth and no chatter marks. My plans are to put a 3-9×40 VX-1 I have on the existing mount and will look at other bases just in case this one cracks. Hopefully it'll shoot well.View attachment 30455 View attachment 30456View attachment 30457View attachment 30458View attachment 30459View attachment 30461
With all the negative crap that I constantly keep hearing about the new line of Accura's & Paramounts, IDK whether to say " congrats or I'm sorry ".
With that price, again, pending on how the guns quality is, IDK whether to say " killer deal or what a complete waste of 431.00 ".
It is a very nice looking gun fur sure.
I do wish the best for you & that the gun turns out to be the shooter you want it to be. Keep us posted about it.

Ninering62,

I agree with you, not sure whether to cry or laugh but manufacturing wise it's clean and no issues with the bore I can see. How it shoots will be the test that has to wait until spring. I only plan on using sabots with it for hunting and maybe some tests on paper with older 45cal powerbelts and some maxi balls.

Time will tell!
John

Tempted to try one of these out but thought I've seen some threads about the barrels and maybe some other issues with handguards, general fit and finish of these rifles. Anyone have one that they like and shoots good? Am I asking for headaches? Live in AZ. Will hunt deer, elk mostly maybe whitetails and hogs down the road in TX. Open to options for projectiles. Not limited by law on that. Happy to hear opinions or experiences if anyone has any to share.
I just recently purchased a CVA Accura MR-X in .45 I am happy to be able to say I must be one of the lucky ones. Mine came with the forend secured almost perfectly snug as it should be. ( Very simple quick fix, involves loosening a set screw, backing out the bolt the forend locks onto by a tad and retightening the said set screw. Took me less than a minute when I noticed the set screw has backed off after about 50-75 shots to do this process. Sight in took no more than 5 shots from beginning to end. Thing is an absolute tac driver if I do my part. I've ran about 100 or so rounds through it and only issues I've had were my own fault and not major by any stretch. I've heard people say that their bores were oversized or loose... I've not noticed anything close to that. Yes power belt bullets will feel loose then tighten up down towards the breech... There's powder down there and pb's are a thou' under bore diamater in order to load easier but as I've evidenced still seem to obturate just fine. I've only shot out to 100 so far just out of available space for now, but have been pleased with results. An inch or better every time, as long as I do my part. I've even put 3 shots hole through hole. This tells me all dispersion is likely me not following through. As far as the rifle goes it's flawless. Honestly. Can't think of anything I'd change (sometimes I wish I grabbed the 30" barreled LR-X but looking at load data you literally are only gaining about 65fps, for 4" more barrel. Add the muzzle brake I use on there and that's now a long smoke pole to try and maneuver around with in the woods. So yes I do believe I can confidently say I purchased one that I am completely satisfied with. Oh yeah, the trigger adjusted all the way down gets you around 2.5lbs and there is ZERO take up... One of the best hunting triggers I've ever felt. Not an 8oz match two stage, but a PERFECT hunting trigger.
Hope that helped a little if any.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215-204946.png
    Screenshot_20230215-204946.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
I just recently purchased a CVA Accura MR-X in .45 I am happy to be able to say I must be one of the lucky ones. Mine came with the forend secured almost perfectly snug as it should be. ( Very simple quick fix, involves loosening a set screw, backing out the bolt the forend locks onto by a tad and retightening the said set screw. Took me less than a minute when I noticed the set screw has backed off after about 50-75 shots to do this process. Sight in took no more than 5 shots from beginning to end. Thing is an absolute tac driver if I do my part. I've ran about 100 or so rounds through it and only issues I've had were my own fault and not major by any stretch. I've heard people say that their bores were oversized or loose... I've not noticed anything close to that. Yes power belt bullets will feel loose then tighten up down towards the breech... There's powder down there and pb's are a thou' under bore diamater in order to load easier but as I've evidenced still seem to obturate just fine. I've only shot out to 100 so far just out of available space for now, but have been pleased with results. An inch or better every time, as long as I do my part. I've even put 3 shots hole through hole. This tells me all dispersion is likely me not following through. As far as the rifle goes it's flawless. Honestly. Can't think of anything I'd change (sometimes I wish I grabbed the 30" barreled LR-X but looking at load data you literally are only gaining about 65fps, for 4" more barrel. Add the muzzle brake I use on there and that's now a long smoke pole to try and maneuver around with in the woods. So yes I do believe I can confidently say I purchased one that I am completely satisfied with. Oh yeah, the trigger adjusted all the way down gets you around 2.5lbs and there is ZERO take up... One of the best hunting triggers I've ever felt. Not an 8oz match two stage, but a PERFECT hunting trigger.
Hope that helped a little if any.

Can you share some of your load data?

Latest posts

Back