CVA accura MR-X

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the CVA MRX. It's amazing looking! Amazing! & some of the guys here have been equally amazing in helping with my daughter and I, as newbies! Shout out to Ninering62!

So, it's a .45cal. What are your thoughts on the best Deer bullets for the MRX. Keep in mind that for a sabot, it would be .40cal & some of the major brands don't carry .40.

Thx!

TY Michiganmuzzy! Yes, the Fury .40 star tips are in the mail and on their way to my house. Ninering62 put me onto the owner. Great guy! That was his suggestion.

Re: My new Deer hunting CVA Accura MRX - Anyone else have 1st hand knowledge of .40cal bullets that actually took down Deer effectively - with good penetration and expansion - good blood trail? TY!

TY Michiganmuzzy! Yes, the Fury .40 star tips are in the mail and on their way to my house. Ninering62 put me onto the owner. Great guy! That was his suggestion.

Re: My new Deer hunting CVA Accura MRX - Anyone else have 1st hand knowledge of .40cal bullets that actually took down Deer effectively - with good penetration and expansion - good blood trail? TY!
I used cutting edge 240 gr Maximus in my knight ultra lite 45 with harvester sabots.devastating on deer. every deer had pass through with big damage.that was with 90 gr 777 fffg. my longest kill with it was 100 yards and that buck died in 10 yards, the rest were shot 60 to 80. I posted some pictures a couple years ago of the damage, god luck

i have the ACCURA MR NITRIDE BERGARA BARREL 24IN. got to be 5years old and shoots like a rifle. i would think
the MRX should be as good.

I am shooting the T/c / SST 250 shock wave and the XTP in the blue harvester sabots out of my new MR_X 45 with 80 grnV of Shooter world multipurpose black and have held 3/4 at 100 yards. Slapping 8 inch ceramic tiles all day at 250. No crud ring with Cheddite primers and only on average 70 fps slower than T7 and only 23.99 per pound at Scheels. Get some you won't be sorry

a 250 gr bullet at 2700 f.p.s is no joke
why any game dept. would think it isn't capable just don't know squat about bullet or ballistics

a 250 gr bullet at 2700 f.p.s is no joke
why any game dept. would think it isn't capable just don't know squat about bullet or ballistics
Colorado wont on the grounds it extends the range even though they dont allow scopes. Illinois allows 45s but no sabots. Bullet must be 44cal or larger. So its not a one solution campaign to change regs. If Colorado wont allow you to shoot an elk with a 45cal 460gr Bullshop there is little chance they would allow a 40cal.

Latest posts

Back