CVA accura MR-X

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see that Muzzleloader.com has some accura mrxs in stock at the moment. Anyone going to buy one? I’m thinking real hard about getting one. I’d like to have an inline (only have two TC sidelocks at the moment). What are peoples opinion of them?

It being a CVA probably a pretty good gun. I have the Optima and it's a good shooter. Just checked their website and all four models out of stock.

It being a CVA probably a pretty good gun. I have the Optima and it's a good shooter. Just checked their website and all four models out of stock.
I just looked again and you’re right…all are out of stock but they definitely had one in stock when I made the original post. I’m sure they are a hot item at the moment. I almost pulled the trigger earlier

I will be getting a .45 MRx when its available(and i sell my .45 LR). I saw the .50 MRx in stainless shows available on the Muzzle-loaders.com site. But nothing else

Aginast my better judgement, I had one on preorder for several months. I’ve been burnt on preorders too many times. Had to cancel it as my first hunt was coming up. Bought a used knight instead.​

what kind of bullets would you all try with one of these guns? thanks in advance.

Still a bit sad they backed out of the MR-X 40cal.
I'm wondering your thoughts on this. I suppose most state laws don't allow under 45 cal for deer. The 40 to big for small game. Maybe CVA doesn't feel they'd sell enough of them. Still waiting around for someone to make a .32 cal bolt action for squirrels. What a blast that would be. I'll probably be waiting forever.

Back