CVA Accura V2 LR .45 Caliber - PR3132NM

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CVA already has everything they need to make it though. They got Scout barrels in 45/70. Guys are converting them to MLs but the Scout ends up weighing more because its steel framed. Cant be that hard to make a few small changes to produce a Optima V2 45 1-20. ;) Weld on a Optima V2 lug and tap that sucker for a QR breach plug. A Scout V2 45/70 is well under $400 with a muzzle brake. Should be a no brainer to produce it as a Optima 45 for even less.

So yep, you can have one now for around $600 with the conversion and right around 8lbs.

CVA already has everything they need to make it though. They got Scout barrels in 45/70. Guys are converting them to MLs but the Scout ends up weighing more because its steel framed. Cant be that hard to make a few small changes to produce a Optima V2 45 1-20. ;) Weld on a Optima V2 lug and tap that sucker for a QR breach plug. A Scout V2 45/70 is well under $400 with a muzzle brake. Should be a no brainer to produce it as a Optima 45 for even less.

So yep, you can have one now for around $600 with the conversion and right around 8lbs.
and/or buy a scout already converted to smokeless for around $700 i think. Maybe its hunter. I was going to buy a used one for $550 but had to spend the $ and missed out on it. Still like to get one. I agree cva could easily make it. Probably they don't think there's enough demand yet. I will keep telling them that I want one (MR).

Center Punch USA will convert them for around $200 for a 209 primer. Hankins only offers HIS and DIS systems now so the price goes up. I dont think he sells them other than a completed package too. I dont think he is converting them for others atm. He has a large back log last i heard.

You can get the cost down another $100 or more by using the CVA Hunter instead if you dont mind blued. A CVA Hunter in 45/70 were under $250.

I THINK so dont quote me on this.....Center Punch might use the ASG 209 plug SOOOOO if you ever wanted to go to a LRMP module you can just swap plugs. I would ask Luke about this but i think that might be possible.

I have one, got it around the same time. I've only had it at the range once so far. I've only tried conicals on bh209 so far. Thoroughly cleaned it when I got it cuz they use something to preserve it that i i didn't want to bake onto the nitride. 1 load was a 346gr .452 40:1 Gould hp on a wool wad over 80grV bh209. The other load was a 420gr .451 knurled up No Excuses on a wool wad over 80grV bh209. Both shot with a Hankins DIS ignition. Shot ok but only 3 shots each at 50 yards to get a feel. 1 - 1.5"ish groups, i didn't measure. Bore felt fine. No loose or tight spots.
Did you shoot sabots? What powder? Maybe you should call CVA, see what they say. I'm sure they will tell you to try powerbelts or their elr bullet.
I really can't say a doggone thing negative about the new 280gr .45 ELR's. Behind 105gr bw BH 209 they just smacked down body-slammed some deer this yr. They were very accurate & absolutely devastating on the deer. I's say its an overkill bullet for deer under 200yds & for me personally they carry enough KE at 600yds to put down a deer, pig, bear,muley & elk. Others I'm sure have diff personal ethics boundaries they were raised with. I like hearing other mens code of good hunting ethics & moral boundaries is always fascinating to listen to. I'm seriously thinkin about tryin out some Fury .401 OT Bonded bullets in crushed rib sabots behind 84gr BH 209. out of the CVA Accura I just got. I'll be shooting the 280 ELR's until I decide what direction I'm gonna go. I am really leanin on that bullet & sabot setup tho. Any/all thoughts are welcome & appreciated. I'm in a whole new world of ML's than I was in yrs ago when the Omegas came out. Kind regards all

Ninering62, what is the muzzle velocity you're getting with the 280 gr. ELR's? I like a sectional density of around .280 to penetrate elk, so I'm curious about the penetration and expansion of that bullet on deer. Are you recoovering bullets?
Hi. Unfortunately I didn't have a chrony when I was shootin the ELR's with 105 & 98gr BH 209 for deer season. 2 of the 3 bucks I shot were broadside & over 100yds. The ELRs blew right thru both sides leaving an exit hole Nearly large enough to put my fist in. No bullet recovery. The 3rd was 60yds walkin straight at me. I was ground hunting, I shot at base of neck & it went down hard. No exit hole but It got dark before gutting was done & I still had a good ways to drag it out. So again, no bullet recovery. I wants to see how they looked after impact as well & do some measuring & weighing especially after the immense amount of damage they did.
I have no clue about the sectional density of them. Perhaps a call or email to powerbelt to get that data. Sorry I couldn't be more help bud. I was shootin ELR's out of my Accura V2 using T7fff 85gr @ they were gettin almost 1900fps. I think you can push them to 2400-2500fps

I got this today from a reliable source using 80.5 wt Blackhorn Accura LR .45 PB ELR 280 gr Muzzle Velocity 1956 fps. Chart is from Nikon Spot On. Targets @ 300yds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200324-003324.png
    Screenshot_20200324-003324.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Accura .45 300yds.jpg
    Accura .45 300yds.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Wish it was me but as has been said, that rifle will shoot better than I can. Can't wait to shoot mine. Getting close now. Screenshot_20200324-121757.png
BTW I found the 280gr ELR for $19.34/
15 pack + $9.95 shipping.

Dang, you can buy Pittman bullets for those prices.
Fury even less.
Yea, ELR $1.33, Pittman Accumax $1.90 but ya have to buy $95 worth. Since I'm just testing it's the price of education. The best deal going is the Speer .452 Deep Curl 300gr at .36¢ each. With a G1 Coefficient of .23.
I would love to see those with a ballistic tip (SST).
Trying to figure out how. Push that to a .275 or .3 G1 @ 300gr we would have a winner.
All the tipped MZ bullets I've seen are a $1 or more each. Reminds me of centerfire but we have to add powder. We lost out when Hornady quit selling the 45 300gr .452 in boxes of 50. Just not a perfect world
But it's fun looking.

I got this today from a reliable source using 80.5 wt Blackhorn Accura LR .45 PB ELR 280 gr Muzzle Velocity 1956 fps. Chart is from Nikon Spot On. Targets @ 300yds.

Don't take this the wrong way.
If the targets in that photo were shot at 300yds with that setup, that is definitely some dandy shoot'n.

If the targets in that photo were shot at 300yds with that setup, that is definitely some dandy shoot'n.
The shooter is legit
The shooter is an outfitter, guide, and CVA Pro Staffer, his quote :
"That's some of that good ole USMC rifle training at It's best!!"
I've been following and conversing for over a year, I trust him. He even helped me get a discount on my Accura LR.

Latest posts

Back