CVA Accura V2 LR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chachi

Reaction score
I picked up a CVA Accura V2 LR from www.muzzle-loaders.com for a great price. So far I'm really liking the balance of the gun and the feel of the thumb hole stock. I topped it with a Burris 3.5-10 scope. It's a little higher power than my last smoke pole, but my eyesight isn't what it used to be. I'm still tweaking the load at this point but most likely using 110 gr. of Blackhorn 209 powder and a Barnes Spit Fire TMZ 290 gr bullet. My groups are around 3" to 4" with the open sights at 100 yards and I think I can improve on that a little. I have not sighted in with scope yet. I mainly hunt elk and should be able to get the range and power that I need. I also head to Texas for a week of hog hunting in the spring.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 25
Very nice looking rifle there you have. if its like my Accura V2 it shoots great once you get her scoped!
I have the reg. Accura V2 SS with Black TH stock scoped and will shoot great with just about anything I put down its mouth. It truly shines with 110gr Blackhorn 209 and the 250gr Barns TEZ with the BLUE EZ load high pressure sabots. 3/4" to 1" @ 125yds I call it my VERY BOREING little rifle. I am wanting one of the Accura V2 LR in the .45cal. one of my favorite cal. shooting BIG lead Conicals

Excellent. I'm starting with a similar load but going to be trying out a variety of bullets.

I've got the Accura LR .45 and I haven't been able to get any bullet to shoot in it. I've used about 10 different bullets, 3 different powders, and 2 breech plugs. The barrel gets tighter as I seat the bullet. I'm about ready to send it back. I'm spoiled by my old Kahnke .50 rifle. It uses #11 caps, and shoots 3" groups at 100. It is simple to clean, and I don't have to disassemble to clean like the Accura recommends. I didn't have to buy a new breech plug, or put rubber o-rings in.

I have the Acura 45-22 twist also it shoots Pittman 225 40 cal bullets in a light blue Sabot and 70 grinds by weight of blackhorn , personally I'm not a fan of the thumb hole stock it looks groovy though

I've got the Accura LR .45 and I haven't been able to get any bullet to shoot in it. I've used about 10 different bullets, 3 different powders, and 2 breech plugs. The barrel gets tighter as I seat the bullet. I'm about ready to send it back. I'm spoiled by my old Kahnke .50 rifle. It uses #11 caps, and shoots 3" groups at 100. It is simple to clean, and I don't have to disassemble to clean like the Accura recommends. I didn't have to buy a new breech plug, or put rubber o-rings in.
I cast my own bullets for my Accura 45. It's the Gould bullet, in 40 to 1 lead. I shoot it on 85grV BH209. I just had it at the range a week ago and forgot to bring the op wads so i cut down some sabots i had to use as wads. It shot amazingly well. These bullets weigh 346grn and i size them to .452. i put the NASA lube on them and a little lube to stick yhe cut down sabot base to it. I havent shot any sabots thru it yet.
20191230_162305_HDR.jpg 20191229_162610_HDR.jpg 20191231_121329_HDR.jpg
Its a little more work but it was worth it.

I have one I got it to group perfect the first 5-10 shots 250 gr bor lok over 90 grs bh209 cci 209m

Latest posts

Back