CVA Accura V2 pet loads Black horn 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solocam

Reaction score
I was wondering if you have a pet loads for the Accura V2 using Blackhorn 209? I am going to use Hornady monoflex ML 250 grain or Federal Boreloc 270 grain, I am going to use this on Elk and will be using grain weight to measure. Please Advise R/Michael

77 weighed grains works well, very accurate, in my Accura V2 with bullets ranging from 250 grains to 300. Little point of aim between the bullets with this charge.

Personally I shoot Barnes 250 grain XPB's in the field. At the range I shoot 250 grain XTP's. Zero difference in where to hold and both bullets at 100 yards are sub 1".

I use 70gns (weighed) behind the T/C Shock Wave 250gn. I recently put another scope on mine and do not know what I was thinking but loaded up several pre-made powder charges with 84gns (weighed). My shooting partner and I were going to sight-in and stretch the smoke pole(s) legs and get our come-ups, hopefully out to 300yds.
As the first shot went off I realized that was too much powder for my arthritic shoulder! Wow! That put's the smack down on both ends! Accuracy was dismal, running 2-3" @ 100yds. I got the scope sighted in and on track and decided to hold off on the other loads.
Once back home I re-checked my scope with the 70gn load. Much, much more pleasant experience and accuracy was what I remembered. Same hole, or at least touching. Now to check the drops at longer ranges with the new scope.
Long winded but just letting you know not all ML's (and older ML shooters) like it maxed out. As they say, "Your mileage may vary". Good luck and safe shooting.

Last year I used 90 grains volume BH with 300 grain XTP’s. That combo grouped well for me and did massive internal damage to the doe I shot with it. This year I’ll be using an Accura MR and I’m sighted in now with 70 grains BH and 240 grain XTP’s which has less recoil.

You asked about BH but I have had excellent results with my V2 using Barnes 250 gr T-EZ bullets with the dark blue sabot in front of 2 pellets of T7. Good luck with the upcoming elk season.

4 different accura's,, 70 grains by weight of Black Horn and a 250 fury black tip or star tip,, also the 265 stb fury,, I consider this an accuracy load ,, first load I will try on any new accura, harvester short black!!load has also performed on hog brains very well,,

Back