CVA: Bought wrong breech kit for 209 powder- turn on lathe?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all - so i just realized I accidentally bought the NW 209 conversion kit instead of the breech plug AC1611BH. Could I turn this on a lathe or is it hardened steel? looks like alu on pics. Can someone send me the diameter and depth if they have a mic handy?

Thanks

They are made from 416 stainless steel. You should be able to machine it without any problems.

cool just saw that- if anyone has the specs on the depth of the pocket and width plz send it along - might just turn the original ones as im not planning on shooting anything else besides bh209- i could prob eyeball it too but would prefer specs if possible.. i now it just moves the powder closer to the primer -

The primer socket is closes to 0.226" deep, with a diameter of 0.248"

If one drills out the nose of the plug to move the powder closer to the primer, one will destroy the flash hole. A vent liner is one way to replace the flash hole, and will require tapping 10-32 threads in the flame channel which will require the flame channel be enlarged to 5/32".

Perfect thanks - havent messed with liners.. I have a mill lathe and a bunch of micro bits too.. i was planning on turning the hole out but might be too complicated-

well a replacement is near the same price as the original, and I did buy a backup bottle of triple 7 so ill hang onto the original and use the 209 one for the 209 powder-

thanks..

Latest posts

Back