CVA Mag Hunter help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aknott1994

Reaction score
My dad gave me his old CVA Mag Hunter and it wont cock or fire. I disassembled the bolt assembly and there is no spring in the bolt. Where can I get this spring or a compatible one? I contacted CVA and they "no longer support" this model.

Thank you, I was hoping there was a way to just get the spring without ordering the whole bolt just in case there is something wrong with the trigger assembly as well. It all looks ok visually but you never know. I suppose I'll order the bolt and hope for the best

If you knew the spring tension id/od/wire thickness you could order and cut to size. Or contact wolf spring and see if they'll make one.

Like D55 says. But, if you take some measurements of where the spring fits, perhaps I, or someone here could help you order a compression spring from maybe McMaster Carr that will work. Might even be able to find one locally to your location. Would be better as you can try fit before buying.
I.D. of where the spring fits into and O.D. of the firing pin and the approximate length that the spring fits into. We can chart wire diameter and poundage.

Back