CVA Mountain Rifle info

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T measure the size of your barrel, Width across the octagon. so you know what outside diameter is. Then google up Track of The Wolf
They will have a traditional stock that might work. Another one might be Dixie Gun Works You will probably have to do some fitting unless you can find a drop in stock Hopefully you have the lock and all the furniture. Good Luck!

I was reading through this entire thread and I was wondering if your CVA mountain rifle was accurate Idaholewis? Thanks in advance for all the great advice on MML!

October country sells .015 or .018 pillow ticking patch in strips for cutting at the muzzle. (ala. Dutch Schoultz) Dutch is an elderly gentleman that has helped a lot of people to shoot round balls. He has a black powder rifle accuracy print out that he has worked on for years and recorded his results and advice. He is a very funny man, I've emailed him many times and it seems like he is sitting at the computer to return emails. He is in a home now and has diabetes.
Greetings shguns. I am Dutch Schoultz's daughter and could not resist giving you an accurate update.
Dutch is alive and well. He lives alone and his greatest challenge is poor eyesight due to macular issues and a botched eye surgery. He remains passionate as ever about shooting accuracy and his website is up and running and now features a blog that he occasionally contributes to. I assist him with the fine print stuff. And he is still very funny.

I was reading through this entire thread and I was wondering if your CVA mountain rifle was accurate Idaholewis? Thanks in advance for all the great advice on MML!

Yea, it’s a REALLY GOOD Shooting Rifle, I really like mine!

They are a Slow 1:66 twist for Patched Roundball. And being a .45 Cal, the Ball weighs about 130 Grains, Making it a LOT of fun to Shoot :lewis:

Greetings shguns. I am Dutch Schoultz's daughter and could not resist giving you an accurate update.
Dutch is alive and well. He lives alone and his greatest challenge is poor eyesight due to macular issues and a botched eye surgery. He remains passionate as ever about shooting accuracy and his website is up and running and now features a blog that he occasionally contributes to. I assist him with the fine print stuff. And he is still very funny.
Thank you for your post about Dutch. I have talked to him several times and he is helpful, informative and always a gentleman. I pray he continues good health, other than his eyesight, for many years to come. The sad fact is we are all getting older and there is nothing we can to to stop it. We can only slow it down. The best way is to never quit or slow down.
DL

I have a "Made in USA" barrel, but my stock is the two screw, brass ramrod ends. No marking to indicate if it's a kit gun or put together by CVA. Franken gun?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back