CVA Mountain Stalker

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a vintage CVA Mountain Stalker rifle recently. Although I'm not sure why because it's an ugly thing, black plastic stock, blued barrel. The bore was kinda gritty and I spent several hours cleaning it up. Hit it with my little steam cleaner, bore brush and finished up with about 60 strokes with scotch brite pads.
This morning at the range with a starting load of 60 grains 2f Goex, .490 ball and a lubed .015 cotton patch. Kinda primitive buckhorn rear sight and brass blade front. Took me a few shots to figure out how to aim but at 50 yards I had it hitting pretty decent.
A few low, then a few high left and right but finally found the mark a about 4 good hits.20210710_102939.jpg

I have the CVA Bobcat, I think they are basically the same rifle? Friend of mine gave it to me. I put an adjustable fiber optic sight on it and filled the stock with some lead shot but haven't shot it yet, since putting the new sights on. I think you did pretty good shooting there, I know those sights are horrible!

Last edited:
I have the CVA Bobcat, I think they are basically the same rifle? Friend of mine gave it to me. I put an adjustable fiber optic sight on it and filled the stock with some lead shot but haven't shot it yet. I think you did pretty good shooting there, I know those sights are horrible!
Thanks, I agree that the sights are not the best.
I don't like the black plastic stock either. I found a wood stock on Ebay but the guy wants crazy money for it, he can keep it!
I did find a camo stock at deercreek products for about 30 bucks. It's for the Bobcat but like you said they're basically the same gun. I might just order one.

I have a spare black stock should you ever need it. Agree they are ugly as crap. 😁
I saw that wood stock you mentioned. Price is way to high for me too!

Mentioning high prices, I saw a .54 caliber White Mt Carbine for sale, not auction, on ebay today for $600.00 + $49.95 shipping.

EXCEPT IT WAS MISSING THE LOCK***LOCK BOLT*** & LOCK BOLT WASHER!!!!!!!!!

I mean come on now.

$649.95 is more than enough to charge FOR A COMPLETE WHITE MOUNTAIN CARBINE RIFLE!!!!!!

JEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioning high prices, I saw a .54 caliber White Mt Carbine for sale, not auction, on ebay today for $600.00 + $49.95 shipping.

EXCEPT IT WAS MISSING THE LOCK***LOCK BOLT*** & LOCK BOLT WASHER!!!!!!!!!

I mean come on now.

$649.95 is more than enough to charge FOR A COMPLETE WHITE MOUNTAIN CARBINE RIFLE!!!!!!

JEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hear you, holy crap some of those guys are dreaming.

Latest posts

Back