CVA Optima™ V2 Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine got here a couple days ago but the wind /cold has kept me off the shooting bench , this week I will be shooting it but being traditional I"ll be using OE 3F under a great plains conical . It sure feels great coming to the shoulder and a lot more user friendly ,to me not (the critter) !/Ed

Looks pretty good. How does it fit on the pistol? I have the CVA Durasights on mine now. That ghost ring sight is on one of my rifles. I think it's about the next best thing to a scope. Not a true peep sight of course but it works.

Fits good. I wish it was back almost to the breech plug, another 1.5", but the fibers just make all the difference. It works great for me without glasses on(readers, im a little far sighted). I guess i could have it drilled and tapped to move it back but i think its plenty good as is.
The nice thing is it can inter change with the non firesight ghost ring. And i could thread that for a peep insert if i need/want to

Oh yeah. It was a perfect fit. It came with the adapter nut and the allen attaching screw. You dont use the factory screw. I went with the finger groove grip. It really does feel better than the factory grip and it feels pretty solid. Much better than i expected from a 3D printer.

Fits good. I wish it was back almost to the breech plug, another 1.5", but the fibers just make all the difference. It works great for me without glasses on(readers, im a little far sighted). I guess i could have it drilled and tapped to move it back but i think its plenty good as is.
The nice thing is it can inter change with the non firesight ghost ring. And i could thread that for a peep insert if i need/want to
What's the LOP with that short stock?

Latest posts

Back