CVA Optima™ V2 Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not as it's still a muzzleloader and not a cartridge gun. I've seen those new short barrel shotguns they have nowadays. I don't think they're classified as a hand gun. Not that I'm a expert on the subject. IDK

Probably not as it's still a muzzleloader and not a cartridge gun. I've seen those new short barrel shotguns they have nowadays. I don't think they're classified as a hand gun. Not that I'm a expert on the subject. IDK
It does not have features to qualify #1 a muzzle loader #2 most states do not consider it a firearm (no FFL)so exempt from any regs ,kinda like throwing rocks/ Ed

Ive got a whole AR stock assemby that i plan to put on, minus the spring and buffer pin(although i wonder if i can make it work as a recoil absorber somehow). Not an actual pistol brace. Like you say, its a ML, not a legal firearm.

Bump stock! That’s funny! Even Rube Goldberg would struggle with that semiautomatic
muzzleloader design. I think we are safe here with the pistol grip long gun ML.
Those that sneer at inlines with be further appalled but all the tacticool fellows
are going to want to shoulder it. Just be sure to add that single point sling and
flash hider before you hit the range!

I think right now there is plenty of scrutiny on anything that goes bang, including muzzies. Making them look like black guns might bring legislation that wouldn't happen if they'd been left alone. Its a pistol, not a rifle. Want a short barreled rifle, cut the barrel off one..

I think right now there is plenty of scrutiny on anything that goes bang, including muzzies. Making them look like black guns might bring legislation that wouldn't happen if they'd been left alone. Its a pistol, not a rifle. Want a short barreled rifle, cut the barrel off one..
I don't argue the point however ,some of us who purchased the (pistol) found it awkward/and requiring a skill set not evident to everyone aside from limiting shots at deer not there in numbers . My miss at a quartering deer @ 40 yds told me do something different or sell it. Not having unlimited funds it"s a no brainer to throw one of my AR builds under the bus/steal the custom butt stock/buffer tube and make a shooter ,still short /handy and only then consider selling . But I"m betting it will work out fine ,or just go back to my TC custom shop Buckeye Special #24 of 200 /50 cal with a 16 in barrel /Ed

Attachments

• IMG_0654[1].JPG
    IMG_0654[1].JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 13
I think a lot of people bought these pistols thinking they'd be cool to have and then found out that they're very front heavy. Plus when loaded with a decent hunting load they have some serious recoil. All of these play into needing be sure that the person buying one can actually handle it and is willing to use a rest while hunting. Aside from the scope my gun is as it came from the box other than the modified plug. Adding a stock makes it a rifle, why go to that end if you already have a rifle.

Granted, these are muzzleloaders we're playing with here but we need to face the fact that there are entities out there that are watching all of this modification stuff under the ruse of being untouchable because these guns "are not firearms by definition" and those someones are more than eager to change the definition when these guns start to encroach on what a firearm is defined as. That Pellet cartridge rifle is a prime example of how close our muzzle loading guns and what we do to modify them is being watched. If you can't shoot it without modifying it then don't buy the damn thing. Its a pistol, learn to shoot it as such.

I think a lot of people bought these pistols thinking they'd be cool to have and then found out that they're very front heavy. Plus when loaded with a decent hunting load they have some serious recoil. All of these play into needing be sure that the person buying one can actually handle it and is willing to use a rest while hunting. Aside from the scope my gun is as it came from the box other than the modified plug. Adding a stock makes it a rifle, why go to that end if you already have a rifle.

Granted, these are muzzleloaders we're playing with here but we need to face the fact that there are entities out there that are watching all of this modification stuff under the ruse of being untouchable because these guns "are not firearms by definition" and those someones are more than eager to change the definition when these guns start to encroach on what a firearm is defined as. That Pellet cartridge rifle is a prime example of how close our muzzle loading guns and what we do to modify them is being watched. If you can't shoot it without modifying it then don't buy the damn thing. Its a pistol, learn to shoot it as such.
I respect your opinion but i disagree 100%. My guns are mine to mod however i damn well please.

I guess I am the only one whos bought something that didn't work out , just proves I too make mistakes but since it's my mistake I own it. Pardon me if I disagree with your conclusion , since I own it I deal with it to my advantage and since I disagree with your conclusion (sounds political) I will do what works for me . Perhaps after shooting some targets others might agree and try it too ,either way is what I do for my shooting pleasure (YMMV)/Ed

I have to agree with Mr. Tom. Absolutely no disrespect to anyone, it's your gun, your money, do what you please. To me it's a handgun not a short barreled rifle, that's why I bought one.

I'm thinking about the old cattleman's carbine. Wasn't that just a revolver that you could put on or take off a shoulder stock? I kinda think it's about the same thing we're talking about.

I respect your opinion but i disagree 100%. My guns are mine to mod however i damn well please.

All I am saying is that these sites are watched by those who don't have your best interests in mind. There will come a point where the legal criteria regarding muzzies will change and all this switcho-chango stuff could well be the infamous straw. I seriously think theblack guns are going to be gone guns within ten years...along with anything that even resembles one. I'm not at all happy with the way the government keeps creeping closer and closer to gun control as we don't now know it, but it certainly something that I keep an eye on.

They did make black guns illegal once. After President Reagan and James Brady got shot i believe. One great thing about America, we can change the rules if enough people(voters) dont like them. Liquor was illegal for a minute. Women couldnt vote.
Just saying that things change, things can change again. And change back.
Also, if we want new and younger MLers we will have to see some ML designs that appeal to younger shooters. The Tominator, the Prairie Arms? Bullpup, the Traditions NitroFire to name a few. Ive got an old Traditions ML pistol that came from the factory in the 90s with a muzzle brake.
The fight to keep our guns is a fight that will not ever end. I hope i never lose my will to fight that fight.

This has got me thinking. If i like this optima stock adapter, i may look into putting something similar on my cva prospector
ACSSN_large.jpg
Its for an 1858 but i bet it could be modified to go on the Prospector which looks like it uses a similar grip as the '58. Or even the Ruger Old Army.

Latest posts

Back