CVA Optima V2 camo pistol pre-order

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had any issues with the newer pistol barrels?I know there’s been some posts about problem’s with the newer .50 rifle barrels especially machine marks and the newer style rifling

Both of my Optima V2 pistols have very clean rifling. They are not new though, maybe 6-7 years old.

As much as i would like to own one to hunt with. I don't want another .50 cal nutten ! They are hung up on .50's, so they lose many Customers that think diff n want a .45

I hunt as much or more each year with the pistol than I do with a long gun, so .50 it is. A .45 would be a sweet addition but not hunting with the pistol just because it's a .50 cal is simply NOT going to happen. This is just about the same as the argument as about BH209: yes, it's expensive and can be hard to find, BUT I am not going to stop hunting if and when I get in short supply of it. I will most assuredly be buying more for hunting. Like it? No. I understand the argument for each aspect, but I don't understand the logic that some apply if they do in fact love to hunt.

I understand your point of view. If they never make a .45 in that model, i can live without it. I also have several long guns to use n hunt with. I can use my 1860 Army .44 to hunt tick toters with, its just a 40 yard limit for accuracy on my part n past that its not a good deer killer

I really don't think CVA will ever "get it" when it comes to reasonable thinking. It'll take another down-turn in their market like it did years ago to get them back on track. They'd really be wise to offer a more "usable" barrel in all of those .45 X rifles and offer a .45 barrel as a replacement or a change -over barrel from .50 on the Optima rifles and those pistols reasonable thinking and wise are two aspects they seem to have none of.

They offer a .45 in some models, but only what they consider a good market . I have really no use for any of the CVA inlines, other than that pistol. I have a sml in a .45 so it covers all of the bases in all powders

I use the Winchester shotshell reloading primers in my guns for now. When they are gone, and it won't be for a while, I have Cheddite primers, which are full strength primers.

I, like Mr. Tom use Winchester normal shotshell primers in the pistols and also have a case of Cheddites to use should I run out.

I bought one of the models used with black grips here locally and it is sweet! I PMd Mr. Tom about loads and went and shot it and was amazed at how it shot and accuracy.

The recoil was a real surprise but tolerable. I ordered and added a front handle that works great. Like an AR front handle.

Took it hunting but never had the chance to shot it at a deer. Great pistols!

The recoil was a real surprise but tolerable. I ordered and added a front handle that works great. Like an AR front handle.
I read this post in Feb. but missed these lines about the handle. Could you give any details about what front handle you chose and how you attached it to the pistol. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I always shoot mine with a two handed grip like any pistol but if you wanted to add a forward grip maybe something like this.

Attachments

• mag414_blk_1_1.png
    mag414_blk_1_1.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 0
Back