• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO CVA OPTIMA V2 Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a CVA V2 Pistol in .50 caliber, Camo in color, no scope needed, no strap needed, no holster needed, all I'm looking for is the pistol, looking to match it with the inline I already own. Only looking for it for the kill shot if when I come upon my prey, & my shot was not on target. Picture is one I found on gun broker, this is the gun I'm searching for, but only want the pistol. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230101_203638_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230101_203638_Chrome.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Looking for a CVA V2 Pistol in .50 caliber, Camo in color, no scope needed, no strap needed, no holster needed, all I'm looking for is the pistol, looking to match it with the inline I already own. Only looking for it for the kill shot if when I come upon my prey, & my shot was not on target. Picture is one I found on gun broker, this is the gun I'm searching for, but only want the pistol. Thank you for your time.
Muzzle loader .com has them ,think they are the only seller of what you want new, used are not found to often .
Seems owners like them to much to sell!/Ed

They are out of stock, looked there already, but thank you! Have also looked at Bud's Gun Shop, Arnzen Arms, Gun Broker, & a few I can't think of. Most of the sites I have looked a at have them new, some have them both, but none have them in stock. Please feel free to let me know of any others or there, my Google search for the places selling the gun have given me so much crap to look at that it isn't even funny.

They are out of stock, looked there already, but thank you! Have also looked at Bud's Gun Shop, Arnzen Arms, Gun Broker, & a few I can't think of. Most of the sites I have looked a at have them new, some have them both, but none have them in stock. Please feel free to let me know of any others or there, my Google search for the places selling the gun have given me so much crap to look at that it isn't even funny.
Just a thought you might try making your own pistol, Ive made 2 and both are very accurate, maybe not as pretty as the CVA pistol but every bit as accurate.. I made one from a walnut stocked T/C Black Diamond has a 12.5 in barrel and another from a Knight Disc rifle w/12.5 in barrel that has bare primer conversion.. I even bought a ratty synthetic stock for the BD pistol and made it into a very short 35 inch carbine that is very accurate.
Not that hard to do just have to take your time.. getting ready to do a paint job on BD carbine stock.
Also most states there are no regs regarding black powder weapons so perfectly legal to make into pistols as long as you follow barrel lengths etc, always make sure to check your regs though.

Just a thought you might try making your own pistol, Ive made 2 and both are very accurate, maybe not as pretty as the CVA pistol but every bit as accurate.. I made one from a walnut stocked T/C Black Diamond has a 12.5 in barrel and another from a Knight Disc rifle w/12.5 in barrel that has bare primer conversion.. I even bought a ratty synthetic stock for the BD pistol and made it into a very short 35 inch carbine that is very accurate.
Not that hard to do just have to take your time.. getting ready to do a paint job on BD carbine stock.
As much as I would like to, & I have thought about it, my time is in high demand & I don't have a anything I would trust to cut the barrel & do it correctly. I would rush it & mess it up, now if I could find someone in Western PA that could do a great job on the barrel, I could do the rest, lol.

You can buy one off of Muzzleloader and then purchase the camo grips seperately. I think they have them in stock. They are showing the pistol in stock with the black grips.

As much as I would like to, & I have thought about it, my time is in high demand & I don't have a anything I would trust to cut the barrel & do it correctly. I would rush it & mess it up, now if I could find someone in Western PA that could do a great job on the barrel, I could do the rest, lol.
I cut my barrels with a sharp hack saw a bit longer then needed then trued up with a file and straight edge..a lot of tutorials on crowning barrels by hand, doesn't take all that much time.. I did mine cutting, squaring up and crowning in about a hr or so.. I had zero experience doing it, also did a couple chop/crown jobs on air rifles that turned out good.

CVA doesn't have the camo stock model any more.
Muzzle loaders.com usually isn't out of stock for very long, so keep checking from time to time.
Occasionally, a used one comes up for sale here in the classifieds.

When i messaged
CVA doesn't have the camo stock model any more.
Muzzle loaders.com usually isn't out of stock for very long, so keep checking from time to time.
Occasionally, a used one comes up for sale here in the classifieds.
When i messaged CVA directly, I was told it was sold exclusively on muzzleloader.com, they never said the camp was out of stock, I asked specifically about it, where did you read it was no longer being produced?

I cut my barrels with a sharp hack saw a bit longer then needed then trued up with a file and straight edge..a lot of tutorials on crowning barrels by hand, doesn't take all that much time.. I did mine cutting, squaring up and crowning in about a hr or so.. I had zero experience doing it, also did a couple chop/crown jobs on air rifles that turned out good.
Yeah, I'm a bit ADHD when it comes to that stuff, & I want a open sights on it, not a scope

When i messaged

When i messaged CVA directly, I was told it was sold exclusively on muzzleloader.com, they never said the camp was out of stock, I asked specifically about it, where did you read it was no longer being produced?
I've only seen the black stock pistol for the last couple years.
Anytime they're in stock on muzzleloader.com they never have the camo version.

Back