CVA Optima V2 trigger issue

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The firing pin bushing needs shiming not the breach plug. Head space for primer. Not breach plug spacing. You should not have any blowby in the fire pin area.
I'm thinking that I might not have the breach plug totally hand right, am using the same primers that I have been using from when I purchased the gun, never had an issue before this year.

Last edited:
Not real new to the inline hunting, had a used one before buying my CVA new, had no issues last year, this year, having trigger setting issues. I have read a bunch of threads on the issues, but mine not quite the same. I haven't tried to use vice grips on the breach plug cause it was working well prior to last weekend. I fired it twice, missing both deer. I put it back on the lead sled, was shooting 4" low, sighted it back in, then the trigger refused to set when pulled back. I took the printer out & so nothing. I put some 3 in 1 oil on the trigger mechanism, started working again. Took it out for the first time since, won't lock when pulled back. Took it totally apart, as far as screws would allow & dumped in No77 Muzzle Magic Cleaner by Birchwood Casey, seems to be working correctly both with & without the printer in it, didn't try to fire it cause it's dark & in season. Crossing my fingers it works tomorrow. My biggest question is, how do I clean the trigger area without being able to tear it apart?

I'm using CX2000 type 209 printers by Cheddite, the only primers I could find.
It's really easy to remove the firing pin and spring bud. I cleaned mine a month ago and it is the easiest gun I have to clean

Latest posts

Back