CVA Optima

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was at the local Walmart yesterday. In the sporting goods dept. they had a pretty full rack of inline rifles that nobody bought for the season.
The one that caught my eye was a CVA Optima rifle, blued barrel, green camo stock and topped with included scope for $ 325.00.
I'm sure if it's still there in a few weeks, they will mark it down quite a bit.
I'd like to grab it if it's still there.

Are you sure it was the blued barrel? I have one in nitride an you can't tell the difference except for the paperwork that came with it. If it's the nitride model I would jump on it now....

I was at the local Walmart yesterday. In the sporting goods dept. they had a pretty full rack of inline rifles that nobody bought for the season.
The one that caught my eye was a CVA Optima rifle, blued barrel, green camo stock and topped with included scope for $ 325.00.
I'm sure if it's still there in a few weeks, they will mark it down quite a bit.
I'd like to grab it if it's still there.

You are not going to tell me where? Just kidding. :) I have to drop in on occasion and keep caught up. It is too bad there is no consistant policy for walmart when it comes to mark downs. I burned a lot of gas keeping tabs on walmarts in a 3 state radius when they were dumping (discontinued) pistol ammo at 1/2 price. Lucky too as I am still shooting from that stash.

Are you sure it was the blued barrel? I have one in nitride an you can't tell the difference except for the paperwork that came with it. If it's the nitride model I would jump on it now....

The Walmart version of the Optima does have a blued barrel. Go to the CVA website and look up the description of the Optima. There is a note there stating the Optima blue barrel is only sold at Walmart.

Our malwart sold out their CVAs fairly quick. But still have all 3 of their Traditions in stock. Including a Nitrofire. Good looking guns but nobody here wants them.

I have a CVA Optima V2….great inline and Idaho legal for hunting. Comes with musket nipple, for use in Idaho, and I bought the 209 breech plug also.

Wicked accurate!
Very easy to clean
Best trigger ever…..only negative…cheap plastic sights.

I replaced those with metal sights.

I encourage my friends to buy them as a first inline. I ordered mine online for $289.00. ( no scope)

I hate to thread crap but Walmart gets not one dime more from me since they pulled all guns and ammo here in CA, by choice to please the Liberals. If your in a "free state" now is the time to speak loudly and support 2A or CA politics is in your future sooner than you think. Protect the rights of future generations!

I bought my CVA Optima V2 this year direct from CVA, $315 with free shipping.

I am extremely happy with my stainless/realtree optima v2,I ordered a wolf in stainless and a accura mr x.

I was a tc snob for 20 years but seeing as I got tired of trying to locate a certain gun for the last 2 years,I decided to buy Cva, I am impressed. I am still a Tc fan but I am also now a Cva fan.

I am extremely happy with my stainless/realtree optima v2,I ordered a wolf in stainless and a accura mr x.

I was a tc snob for 20 years but seeing as I got tired of trying to locate a certain gun for the last 2 years,I decided to buy Cva, I am impressed. I am still a Tc fan but I am also now a Cva fan.
I have always been a CVA fan, have and had lots of different models, but since shooting a Renegade and an Omega I am a big fan of their older guns.

Ive said for quite awhile the Optima V2 is one of the better values out there without sacrificing much on quality. The next step up in the CVA line is also a pretty big jump in price. The next step down is not that much cheaper. The competition does not have much to compare to it if you want SS. All the others in that price range are blued or coated chromoly so why bother.

Its light enough, barrel is long enough and the trigger is plenty acceptable.

The trigger on my optoma,is superior to any of the other 13 .50 cal muzzloaders I have owned.

I was shocked how nice and crisp it is.

I almost purchased a duplicate optima v2 with the nitride barrel and camo stock yesterday,I just happend to double check Cabelas and the new cva accura mr x was 150 off.price,so I bought it.

Latest posts

Back