CVA Paramount .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch1023

Reaction score
Has anyone here set up a CVA Paramount with peep sights? I just had a set of Williams Western Precision Muzzleloader sights put on my Paramount and at 100 yds they are hitting 12” high. The rear aperture is as low as it will go. I would go with a scope or red dot sight if it was legal in Nevada. Trying to figure this out quick as I have a Bull tag that starts the end of next month. If anyone has had this issue and has figured out a solution I would love to hear what they did.
Thanks

Has anyone here set up a CVA Paramount with peep sights? I just had a set of Williams Western Precision Muzzleloader sights put on my Paramount and at 100 yds they are hitting 12” high. The rear aperture is as low as it will go. I would go with a scope or red dot sight if it was legal in Nevada. Trying to figure this out quick as I have a Bull tag that starts the end of next month. If anyone has had this issue and has figured out a solution I would love to hear what they did.
Thanks
IF you have FB, it would pay to join this site. Guys have been going through it, especially the CO guys with the new 50cal.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/498407667366865/

Thanks
Hi Dutch 1023, I have had a Paramount .45 for almost a yr now. I really like it. I have a scope on mine. I have not heard of anyone putting peep sights on one as of yet. There is a long ongoing thread on the 2019 Paramounts in here called CVA Paramount Update. Last I looked at it it had 44 or 45 pages. Pretty cool & lots of Paramount owners to hit up. You're in the right place. Welcome

Hi Dutch 1023, I have had a Paramount .45 for almost a yr now. I really like it. I have a scope on mine. I have not heard of anyone putting peep sights on one as of yet. There is a long ongoing thread on the 2019 Paramounts in here called CVA Paramount Update. Last I looked at it it had 44 or 45 pages. Pretty cool & lots of Paramount owners to hit up. You're in the right place. Welcome
Great! I will try and find it to see if anyone has any info.
Thanks

Taller front bead. Check and see if Williams has one. Not hard to change at all.
Talked to Williams yesterday. They suggested a shotgun shorty Ramp with a 3/8” dovetail and a Lyman front globe and to or a Lee Shaver crosshairs card. All is ordered waiting to see when it gets here if it’s what I need. I will update.
Thanks

I think you’re on the right track with that. I’ve used about the same setup before scores were legal here and was pretty happy with it.

Back