CVA Paramount Trigger Stuck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylorschroer

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum here and new to muzzleloaders in the last few years. I went to test that my paramount was still accurate yesterday and after loading and inserting the variflame, I pulled the trigger and got a “click” and it failed to fire. Now, normally that wouldn’t be a problem and I would get new powder and redo everything but my trigger and safety seem to be stuck and I can’t seem to figure it out. Anyone dealt with this? I stopped short of taking the trigger assembly apart because I imagine it’s full of springs and don’t want them going flying. I can’t seem to find any assembly information for the paramount trigger. Any help would be appreciated!

I believe those triggers are clone 700's, so one thing I'd try first is to punch out the two pins and remove the entire trigger assembly from the action..... slowly... in case there's a spring in the hammer like the XMark. Flush the hell out of the trigger with lighter fluid but DO NOT oil it. Work with it but DO NOT take it apart.

Back