CVA Paramount Update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yep, just make sure to wipe it down with a fabric softener sheet to keep the static cling at bay.

My dad used a funnel from way back in the 70's in his .54 caliber. He's been gone for 18 years now, and I have his funnel and possibles bag locked in an ammo can. I guess he was a forward thinker after all.

His is aluminum, and light as a feather. No static cling.

Just pulled it out for a pic.
IMG_20200125_103918406.jpg

Here's my funnel. Adjustable, and I've never left home without it.

IMG_20200125_113129221~2.jpg

Comes in handy for other things too!

Since were showing funnels...here is my homemade $3 funnel for the 45's and 50's. The tubing keeps the SS funnel off the crown.
zsv1o9l.jpg

How much does the new CVA Paramount Pro Cost?
From the literature we picked up at the SHOT Show, actual retail price for the Paramount Pro is $1667.95

How much does the new CVA Paramount Pro Cost?
From the literature we picked up at the SHOT Show, actual retail price for the Paramount Pro is $1667.95
Based on what wholesale price is, I bet they'll be a little less than that. But starting to get pretty pricey. Will be interesting to see how they do.

Im seeing them listed for almost $1450 atm at one of the more competitive vendors. Brake is $70 at the same vendor. So $1520

They've been saying $1499 all along, but their site also has those prices. They obviously don't want to undercut their dealers. The price on their site is always higher than what their detailers are selling for.

$1499 at 2020 SHOT Show last week.

$1499 when they announced it back in October 2019.

$1448 for both the .45 cal and .50 cal Paramount Pro's at Site Sponsor Muzzle-Loaders.

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/cva-paramount-pro-muzzleloader-rifle-45-cal-pr3511n-2196.html

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/rifles/cva-paramount-pro-muzzleloader-rifle-50-cal-pr3520n.html

If I used my 20% Military Discount, that's $300 off on $1500. $333 off $1667. (Online from CVA)

Most people probably don't know about these discounts.

20% Military Discount.

They have a 30% Educator Discount for Hunter Safety Instructors.

They also have a Guidefitter discount for Guides, Outfitters, and several other professionals. You'll need to click on the link at the bottom to see if you qualify for any of them. There are several.

INFLUENCER DISCOUNTS

Military Discount

CVA understands the importance of our Military men and women. As a way to honor their sacrifice, CVA proudly offers a 20% discount on all of our products that are sold on CVA’s website. This 20% off coupon code allows you a one-time per year purchase of CVA Muzzleloading Guns, CVA Accessories, as well as the products of other BPI brands, such as PowerBelt Bullets, and Quake Hunting Accessories. This offer applies only to muzzleloading guns and accessories. Center-fire rifles cannot be purchased on this program. The code may be used one time once per year and cannot be combined with any other offers or discounted items. This offer is valid for U.S. online sales only and can only be redeemed at shop.cva.com.

Here is the procedure for obtaining your 20% off coupon card and code:

Step 1) Click this link to access the web page, fill in the required information, and then click ‘send’. https://cva.com/help-center/

Step 2) Once we respond to your request (usually within 2 working days), send us an email attachment containing your Military credentials.

Step 3) Once we receive your Military credentials we will reply to your email that will contain your 20% off coupon code.

Educator Discount

As a way to continue the tradition of our forefathers, CVA recognizes the significance of the education of current and future hunters. Therefore, we proudly offer a 30% discount on all products sold on CVA’s website. Through this program, we hope to enable Hunter Education instructors to have a CVA muzzleloading rifle for both classroom instruction and on-the-range demonstration. This 30% off coupon code allows you a one-time per year purchase of CVA Muzzleloading Guns, CVA Accessories, as well as the products of other BPI brands, such as PowerBelt Bullets, and Quake Hunting Accessories. This offer applies only to muzzleloading guns and accessories. Center-fire rifles cannot be purchased on this program. The code may be used one time once per year and cannot be combined with any other offers or discounted items. This offer is valid for U.S. online sales only and can only be redeemed at shop.cva.com.

Here is the procedure for obtaining your 30% off coupon card and code:

Step 1) Click this link to access the web page, fill in the required information, and then click ‘send’. https://cva.com/help-center/

Step 2) Once we respond to your request (usually within 2 working days), send us an email attachment containing your Hunter Education Certification credentials.

Step 3) Once we receive your Hunter Education Certification credentials we will reply to your email that will contain your 30% off coupon code.

Guidefitter

CVA has partnered with Guidefitter to recognize guides’ and outfitters’ influence, professional ability, and contribution to the outdoor industry and to their country. We provide discounts on gear to help pros get the job done.

Click this link to access gear discounts for outdoor industry insiders and influencers.

https://www.guidefitter.com/insiders

https://cva.com/influencer-discounts/

Last edited:
My paramount shoots most of the bullets that I shoot in my smokeless muzzleloaders better than the ELR, I'm shooting 80 grs by weight and a wad,,buy yourself a sizing die and experiment with a higher -end bullets I think you'll be surprised, arrowheads bullets, Pittman bullets etc

I don't have a muzzle break on mine yet,the heavier charges and my 150 lb body just don't get along very well if I was hunting it would be okay but I target practice so much I'm sticking with the 80 to 85 grains by weight, they're more accurate for me

The only published results that I have seen are here - http://namlhunt.com/cva-lr-45-paramount-4.html
But these are saboted bullets that were tested. I haven't seen anything posted regarding properly sized full bore projectiles. I tried a few of the saboted options but didn't like the groups. You need a fairly thin sabot to shoot a 40cal projectile out of the paramount BTW. A few I tried were too tight to load. Would love to hear from someone that has shot some Furys or Parkers or Pitmans that were sized to fit. I don't think we can stabilize any of the really high BC heavy projectiles well but ther should be plenty of sub 300g options we can try. The one I would love to see is the Parker Black Max in a 275. I think all of Parker's match hunter style bullets need a bit more velocity to properly expand so they might be a bad choice. My understanding is that the Black Max is a bit softer. The Furys may? expand a little better due to their design. Would like to see results with the Fury star tip in a 275. Would also like to see the 250g and 275g Pittman Aeromax options. His chart says they will stabilize for us just fine. May be about time I get a swing lock...

My paramount shoots most of the bullets that I shoot in my smokeless muzzleloaders better than the ELR, I'm shooting 80 grs by weight and a wad,,buy yourself a sizing die and experiment with a higher -end bullets I think you'll be surprised, arrowheads bullets, Pittman bullets etc
Are you starting with .452s and sizing them down? How much are you sizing down to fit the paramount barrel? I am guessing our barrels are about .4515 or so. The ELR will just fall and rattle down the barrel if you pull off the skirt and if I remember right it was right at .4490.

yes I'm starting with 452 ,tell, you what this coming weekend I'll shoot some groups,275 Pittman's,fury250 startip,and 275 fury,, by the way my 22 twist Acura loves the 225 Pittman 40 cal, I think the Paramount will love it too,,

After shooting Arrowhead smokeless remage build's for a couple of years I will not settle for just inch groups,,one hole 3 shot or nothing,, my Paramount does this with good bullets,, we'll shoot it a lot more than next month or two and share the results

Latest posts

Back