Quantcast

CVA Paramount Update

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

X-ring

That is some impressive shooting.
7 to 10 mph wind will drift bullet 55 to 75 inches appx at that long range shot he definitely called the wind well
A little off topic but I remember coming off the 1000 yard line at camp Grayling Mi. with 18 minutes of left windage on my rear sight. [iron sights, 45-90 black powder ctg. 535 grain bullet] 18 minutes is 15 feet at 1000 yds. Yeah, it was windy.

Ninering62

Supporter
Supporter
You need to find a stock-fitter . Kinda hard to locate at times not far away . Should make a tremendous difference in your ability to hit what you see . Like throwing a baseball . ALL SHOTGUNS need this . Its an intimate weapon . Get it fitted " for you" . Ya wont be sorry !!! :thumb:

Try trap and skeet ranges to locate nearby talent if its around . Youll find them........ OR -- Weinig Gunstocks for reccomendations/appointments
This can be expensive if your not carefull . But youll also NEVER shoot better !!! SHOP !!!!
Thank ya kindly for the tips Sideshow. Always enjoyed & appreciated right down to the sentiment behind them. I USE 2 be at the semi local trap range every Thur night with a small group of guys I enjoyed shooting, hunting, fishing, riding our Harleys together. It was more of a social thing & more time spent in the parking lot than on the firing line though. Nearly every Tues after work I'd hit the Skeet/Sporting clay range that was a cpl mi away for 2 rounds of Skeet & 1 round of SC's. I met some amazing ppl at both that were very helpful improving my shooting skills. Both of those places would have been outstanding for the resources like you mentioned. BUT here in nowheresville N Fl. theres NUTHIN!!! & I don't know anyone around here, not even 1 single neighbor in 6 yrs. Not a connected/social area & loudly & proudly not being another sheep in their flock makes me an outcast right down to the fam I have here. TRUTH! I will look into gettin fitted for the Pedersoil when & if I can afford it. That may be never in reality. The learning & journey continues nonetheless. Fortunately I tend to adapt & overcome most things I'm confronted with pretty rapidly. So I'm optimistic & excited to pursue shooting & hunting with my 1st BP shotgun.

Ninering62

Supporter
Supporter
A little off topic but I remember coming off the 1000 yard line at camp Grayling Mi. with 18 minutes of left windage on my rear sight. [iron sights, 45-90 black powder ctg. 535 grain bullet] 18 minutes is 15 feet at 1000 yds. Yeah, it was windy.
Off Topic - not for me to decide. But I will say thank you for posting that. It's a heck of an eye opener for guys like myself that have a literal lifetime of shooting & hunting, but have never had the op to shoot longrange or compete LR, or had the op to be trained by military or pro shooters. Hence even after all those yrs of exp, still lacking the understanding of the wind & elements on ballistics & trajectory at extended ranges. These are exactly the things I'm trying to learn about to understand & apply to my shooting ability in hopes of being a competent longrange ML & SML shooter myself. Kind regards

Sideshow

:thumb:
Thank ya kindly for the tips Sideshow. Always enjoyed & appreciated right down to the sentiment behind them. I USE 2 be at the semi local trap range every Thur night with a small group of guys I enjoyed shooting, hunting, fishing, riding our Harleys together. It was more of a social thing & more time spent in the parking lot than on the firing line though. Nearly every Tues after work I'd hit the Skeet/Sporting clay range that was a cpl mi away for 2 rounds of Skeet & 1 round of SC's. I met some amazing ppl at both that were very helpful improving my shooting skills. Both of those places would have been outstanding for the resources like you mentioned. BUT here in nowheresville N Fl. theres NUTHIN!!! & I don't know anyone around here, not even 1 single neighbor in 6 yrs. Not a connected/social area & loudly & proudly not being another sheep in their flock makes me an outcast right down to the fam I have here. TRUTH! I will look into gettin fitted for the Pedersoil when & if I can afford it. That may be never in reality. The learning & journey continues nonetheless. Fortunately I tend to adapt & overcome most things I'm confronted with pretty rapidly. So I'm optimistic & excited to pursue shooting & hunting with my 1st BP shotgun.
There is another way but its Far from the best my friend . There are a few books written on the subject and 1 by an English guy stands out . Cant remember the book or his name . Anyway ya get a copied buttstock to shape yourself and following the books directions and a MIRROR ya do it yourself !!! Crazy i know , maybe not as good but i also know its not all bad for a guy on a budget . Dam box , it just dont fit.......:thumb:

Ninering62

Supporter
Supporter
:topic:

If you guys want to start another topic about shotguns, ranges, shooting books, etc., please do. This topic is about CVA Paramount.
Sorry Halloflin, I know bud, I did it again. I understand, I get it & why ya need to keep on our/my butts & deleting stuff off topic & its all good. No flack from me. Kind regards always

antman

it is similar to a star tip you might have to ask Dennis for a more complete description at fury bullets , I will post a picture of the bullet later today when I can catch Wi-Fi, anyway just to remind everyone interested in more bullets for the Paramount the 250 star tip, 275 * tip and the new 265 prototype all shot better than the blue spaceship in my Paramount,I know those that want to shoot other bullets are probably going to have to buy sizing die but that doesn't really cost that much.
what sizing die do you recomend?

Latest posts