CVA Paramount Update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if someone had told me I would be shooting muzzleloaders five years ago and be an absolute fanatic that I am I would have laughed and told him they were crazy,, and then to be shooting smokeless muzzleloaders well I'm way more than a fanatic if y'all haven't figured that out,,I'm a bit of a CVA nut even though I think I have a good grasp of what CVA is and is not,,now there's this Paramount this is a whole other ballgame I really like this rifle at least it's a step in the right direction,,I'm expecting mr. CVA to call me one day and asked me what I really think a muzzleloader should be I've got a book written already at least in my mind

45 caliber bullet in a 20 or 22 twist barrel I believe is the most accurate bore, bullet combination in America that one can shoot today, again don't let all them creedmoor and 300 something mag people learn that let's keep it a secret

Yeah, just ask the people that live in Houston. It seems like we record rainfall one month then 2 months without a drop. (Generally in the summer when it is 1300 degrees out)
Daggone it brotha, thats pretty crazy weather there. I'm from Maryland & I thought we had some kick butt weather there..... untill I got to go to Florida, DFW Texas & southern Oklahoma. All 3 states made Md. the weather look rather mild & trivial.

Mr Parker made me some fatter bullets for the Paramount,they're just sitting on the shelf I haven't sized any or even check to see if they go down my bore or not I will be letting you know,,I know you read what I was talking about over the weekend it got warm and humid in my bore had relaxed the 452 Furies seated perfect,but I didn't even try that until Sunday after I had given up on them anyway that's all going to work out

I believe mine is also but I haven't gone to extremes to measure,I don't get hung up on that I'll just size of bullet till it works and if it won't work I'm going to go find a bullet that will I know being a bubba. Drive some of the exact people crazy but, I like to shoot with those people I make them put their gun up,, but in a loving manner

I think CVA has the old or original style on sale now for $800, perhaps another discount if a veteran?

I think CVA has the old or original style on sale now for $800, perhaps another discount if a veteran?
There's a Paramount listed for sale new for somewhere close to 650.00 . Someone posted the link to the add in this thread a cpl days ago. Scroll back thru a lil bit & read until ya find it. It's well worth the time for the savings on a great ML. I paid 852.00 to my door back in nov. I love the gun for the most part, but I would never pay 11-1250.00 retail for it ever. I'd just save a lil more or sell something to afford a SML. I've never for some reason been on the KNIGHT train. Kind regards

There's a Paramount listed for sale new for somewhere close to 650.00 . Someone posted the link to the add in this thread a cpl days ago. Scroll back thru a lil bit & read until ya find it. It's well worth the time for the savings on a great ML. I paid 852.00 to my door back in nov. I love the gun for the most part, but I would never pay 11-1250.00 retail for it ever. I'd just save a lil more or sell something to afford a SML. I've never for some reason been on the KNIGHT train. Kind regards
page 4. $689.99+$40shipping

page 4. $689.99+$40shipping
Thank you toytruck, very cool of you. Kind regards
I hope someone in here takes advantage of a great ML at a great price. I'm really happy with mine. I was shooting today. I just got finished a 300yd range today.
I shot some Parker 250BE ( BLEMS) w/felt wad & I dropped powder load back to 140gr bv. They did not shoot well but there was a very pleasantly noticeable decrease in felt recoil with that load & bullet than the 105gr bw & the " Blue Spaceships" 280gr ELR. Its a kicker for sure. They did not group well, but at .4525 and a pre fouled bore they loaded ok. I will be trying the 310gr Match/Hunter Hollow Base tomorrow. I am excited to see how they group.

Shooting some of Dennis at fury bullets prototype 265 gr 453,,shot one group yesterday that was okay with 84 grains i loaded 83 Gr right before dark tonight pretty heavy wind left to right about 15 miles an hour,, no wad just sitting the bullet on the powder and going bang,,, I'm liking what I see more work to do,,5 shots 102 yds

Attachments

• IMG_20200225_183424971.jpg
    IMG_20200225_183424971.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 20
So far my Paramount Will group the 250 fury, the 275 fury, and now this 265 prototype 453, it's nice to have accurate options, I was almost able to seat the 453 in my bore without touching it in a die,, but not quite, I just barely kissed with my die,I'm convinced on a 85 or 90 degree day I'm not going to have to touch the bullets 453 is going to seat perfectly. I had very windy conditions shooting this group I think a little more tweaking and it's going to put the 265 in a hole.

Reeds has them on sale for 699 with free shipping. If I had not bought a super disc this week I'd be all over this.

I've had two Remington ultimate muzzleloaders, out of the box they could not touch this Paramount there's really no comparison between the quality of the two and I'm a big green man,,oh yes my two Remington ultimate muzzleloaders now have Brux 45 Cal smokeless barrels on them and shoot one hole,, I'm very satisfied with the Paramount's quality,I sure don't agree with their choice of bore dimensions,but there's ways to get around that,, Dennis at fury bullets is already provided an excellent option, I just need to spend more time behind my Paramount,, looking forward to it

So far my Paramount Will group the 250 fury, the 275 fury, and now this 265 prototype 453, it's nice to have accurate options, I was almost able to seat the 453 in my bore without touching it in a die,, but not quite, I just barely kissed with my die,I'm convinced on a 85 or 90 degree day I'm not going to have to touch the bullets 453 is going to seat perfectly. I had very windy conditions shooting this group I think a little more tweaking and it's going to put the 265 in a hole.

Have you had the opportunity to shoot any of them long?
Although the 250gr is very accurate at 100, I question if they'll hold group at 300+.
The 265's IMO will have a maximum range, what, I have no clue.

Back