CVA Paramount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertBoy

Reaction score
Looking into possibly buying a Paramount. A couple questions. Was researching a tad and was wandering if I would be able to use the Pittman bullets? Also when they say it can shoot up to 150gr BH 209, is that measured weight? What kind of speed are guys getting out of these with a healthy dose of powder? And last, is BH209 a temperature sensitive powder? Any feedback would be great, thanks for your input.

150grs is by VOLUME...….. NOT by weight.

In the inline section there is information that might help. BH209 is an excellent propellant for rifles with breech plugs designed for its use.

Most modern inlines boast of 150 grain magnum loads. In reality, performance doesn't usually measure up to the hype. The max recommended load for BH 209 is 120 grains by volume.
I don't personally care too much about speed as much as putting a ball where I send it. Everyone has their own thoughts on such things and I'm only sharing my own. Good luck with your new rifle.

Most modern inlines boast of 150 grain magnum loads. In reality, performance doesn't usually measure up to the hype. The max recommended load for BH 209 is 120 grains by volume.
I don't personally care too much about speed as much as putting a ball where I send it. Everyone has their own thoughts on such things and I'm only sharing my own. Good luck with your new rifle.
I would agree with many "off the shelf" muzzleloaders, but certainly not all. The Paramount is designed to use maximum charges and be extremely accurate. In the right hands of course.

Back