CVA QRBP Replacement

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a lot of shooters/hunters using the modular system and have in the past. A lot of production Knight rifles have modified breech plugs and bolts that use modules too. Unless one is using a much more labor intensive direct ignition system, most all custom rifles use the modular system. In the time I've been keeping track of the modular system, I haven't read one report of a shooter/hunter having a problem dropping a module and not finding it, nor have I read a post where someone couldn't get off a second shot. May have happened, I just haven't read of it. One shot, one kill. Make it count.

What it boils down to is a Optima V2 is only around $250 and MRs can be found for about $400 on sale. So an upgrade that is over 1/3rd the cost of the rifle is a tuff pill to swallow or in the case of an Optima over half the cost. Add what another $30-40 for priming and depriming too?

Personally i can hardly remember ever having to use a tool to remove a 209 primer. They even popped right out of my old non QRBP Accura. There is room for improvement on the CVA QRBP just using a 209. Such as more of the primer IN the primer pocket and a bushing for the flash hole. More than likely that is a far cheaper option that "value minded" buyers would appreciate.

So i dont see many people going for it although the upper end rifles would draw a larger share. Such as that new 45 1-22 LR rifles. Its over $500 and performance oriented. I could easily imagine the OEM QRBP being a weak link when using upper end sabotless loads.

What it boils down to is a Optima V2 is only around $250 and MRs can be found for about $400 on sale. So an upgrade that is over 1/3rd the cost of the rifle is a tuff pill to swallow or in the case of an Optima over half the cost. Add what another $30-40 for priming and depriming too?

Personally i can hardly remember ever having to use a tool to remove a 209 primer. They even popped right out of my old non QRBP Accura. There is room for improvement on the CVA QRBP just using a 209. Such as more of the primer IN the primer pocket and a bushing for the flash hole. More than likely that is a far cheaper option that "value minded" buyers would appreciate.

So i dont see many people going for it although the upper end rifles would draw a larger share. Such as that new 45 1-22 LR rifles. Its over $500 and performance oriented. I could easily imagine the OEM QRBP being a weak link when using upper end sabotless loads.

THIS ^^^^^^

I own an Optima V2 and I'm thinking of getting the LRVF adapters along with having my breech plug reworked. Would I still need to purchase o-rings to keep the LRVF adapters and reworked breech plug from leaking?

I use the ASG Gen2 LRMP systems in my converted 45-70 CVA Apex's. It works great, no blowback and I shouldn't have to worry about my rifle going off in frigid weather :lewis: I also reload for my 45-70 Marlin, so I already had the equipment for priming my modules which are based on a 45-70 shell case.

What size are the modules being used in these breech plugs?
I have a apex smokeless with 209 primer, Will this take the place of that?

FYI, fired & unfired primer in my Accura V2 using the rubber O-Ring in the primer pocket. Stops blowback and easy removal of spent primer in factory BP.

1nzsdUrh.jpg

Latest posts

Back