CVA Scout 357 Max scores....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBAhunter

Reaction score

Big ol' mature doe - harvested 12/12/19
CVA Scout 357 Max
W296 - 23.5 gr
Barnes 140 gr XPB
Rem 357 Max brass
Rem 7 1/2 primers
She was about 65 yards, broadside, soon as I shot she kicked. When she went thru the other shooting lane, I saw she was struggling with a major front flat tire....lol.... She went maybe 40 yards. I've only killed 2 deer with this gun. So far, I'm very impressed with Max!!!!

My first few shots with the Max, really impressed me too! I went from hunting Slug guns for roughly 30yrs to the Max and I have to say that it has always hammered whitetails, as good or better than a 12ga with a slug. Definitely lighter, less recoil and more range, than one.
Was expensive as I also got into reloading at the same time (just for this round) and went all out on reloading equipment. Don’t think I shoot enough to ever recoup my investment...

congrats on a nice freezer filler!

This is probably a stupid question, but did you get a pass through? What velocity are you getting with that load?
Yep, I got 2 holes. I was gonna see what kinda damage was done when I got to the processor. He had 4 ahead of me when I got there. I didn't stay to see. I need to shoot it over a chrono to see what I'm getting. Will probably break down and buy a chrono. I will need one when I get my rifle barrel and working on loads.

Yep, I got 2 holes. I was gonna see what kinda damage was done when I got to the processor. He had 4 ahead of me when I got there. I didn't stay to see. I need to shoot it over a chrono to see what I'm getting. Will probably break down and buy a chrono. I will need one when I get my rifle barrel and working on loads.
Thank you sir! Nice doe by the way.

My first few shots with the Max, really impressed me too! I went from hunting Slug guns for roughly 30yrs to the Max and I have to say that it has always hammered whitetails, as good or better than a 12ga with a slug. Definitely lighter, less recoil and more range, than one.
Was expensive as I also got into reloading at the same time (just for this round) and went all out on reloading equipment. Don’t think I shoot enough to ever recoup my investment...

congrats on a nice freezer filler!
I have a custom SS Rem 700 280 AI. I took it last year with the Max. This year I decided to just hunt with the Max. Then I decided to get a Max rifle barrel. So pretty much the Remmy stays in the case.

Back