CVA Scout TD .350 Legend

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent trigger, no grit or creep. Breaks clean at 3 lb 5 oz. Lock time with a swinging hammer versus a coil spring firing pin is obviously a few milliseconds slower. Can't blame it on the trigger.

Federal has 3 different 180, grain loads, and there are a couple other loads to try yet. I know I could roll my own, but I'm not ready to do that.

I started reloading shotshells 48 years ago, and loaded handgun ammo through my 20's & 30's. Never even hunted big game with a center fire rifle until the fall of 2017. Killed everything with recurves, longbows, compound bows, shotguns, muzzleloaders (rifles & pistols), centerfire handguns, and crossbows.

I've owned a few center fire rifles over the years, but never hunted big game with them. 30-30, 6.5 Sweed, .223 for coyotes, .308 for 11 or 12 years, never been fired. Bought 2 .450 Bushmasters in 2017. Bought an AR15 in 5.56/.223 back in August. Now this .350 Legend just a couple weeks ago. Not to mention all the small arms I carried daily and shot while in the service.

We lost our dedicated muzzleloader season last year in Mid-Michigan due to the CWD ZONE. They opened it up to all legal rifles. Just isn't the same anymore.

I'm optimistic that one of the Federal loads will shoot sub MOA, but if not I can live with the Hornady 170 grain.

Any updates? Stopped in a local shop and they have one for $319 new. Found myself playing with it for several minutes. Trying to convince myself I need another rifle in 35cal

Latest posts

Back