CVA Scout V2 6.5 Creedmoor

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds good Leftyml, I got it set up in the shop out back, havent done any yet.

On the tumbler, the hardest part is separating the ss pins from cases.I modified a old lyman sifter to fit a 5 gal. bucket and rigged a magnet to help get pins up that went astray.

well finally got the 6.5cm cva scout rifle shooting good, I was having some vertical stringing problems at times and it ended up being that the scope which is a leupold vx freedom 4-12x40 has an ocular adjustment lock ring and I wasnt keeping it tight, it was always getting loose until I padded the jaws on two channel lock pliers and tighten it up very carefully and went out and shoot two very good groups with no fliers. I feel so stupid, should have caught that long ago, lol.

my fingers are very weak so I didnt have the strength to get that ring tight enough to stay put. bow season is in and still too warm out there yet, but the deer are there.

I've hunted with the 6 5 cm for a few seasons.
I've settled on the batnes vortex 127 lrx.
Only caliber I don't hand load for..
The round has been a tack driver out of 4... 6.5 cm rifles.
3 factory barrels and one custom lilja barrel blank graphite wrapped barrel by Magnum Reasrrch.
Out of 4 rifles tgh combined best groups would be sub moa over 12 shots.
The round kills better than is exspected.
Most deer I've shot flop over dead.
Here is a buck from last season with the 6.5 full shank savage. This rig is regularly .5 moa or better usually one ragged hole.
Thst deer was shot in the neck shoulder junction with head down.
thr bullet traveled his length.
He dropped like struck by lightnin.
173407.jpeg

Back