CVA Scout V2 6.5 Creedmoor

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redear

Reaction score
Found one of these online and bought it to use during the regular gun season here in Virginia, Stainless with 24 inch barrel, It's a rugged design that I have grown to like now owning two of these plus another hunter model. fired off a few rounds thursday to get sighted in roughly with a not so good rest at 100 yds. and the 140 gr norma soft point load did better than the 129 gr. win. power point. Leupold vx freedom 4-12x40 tri-moa scope and burris signature zee rings. trying to make the setup as close to my scout conversion cva scout as possible so they feel similar. gonna clean the barrel again and take a good rest next time, will holler back with results.

Keep us posted. I have that rifle but not in that caliber. I like it .

been away for a while, and have been getting into reloading for this 6.5cm. still havent found the majic load yet and have been loading my own cartridges and buying dies etc and powder and bullets. been using hammer bullets which are copper mono's and they are generally lighter and longer. been spending alot of time on forums learning the ins and outs of reloading. have tried h4350, h100v, AA4064 for powders and hammer 124hh and 110hh bullets. havent been impressed by any groups so far. have some Varget powder comming and a different hammer bullet which has a very short boattail almost nonexistant which will allow me to seat this bullet closer to the rifling lands. am hopefull and continueing forward. learning alot, kip

starting to have some luck with the Varget powder and the hammer 117 shock hammer bullet. had to go with a neck bushing die to get more neck tension on my loads. also struggling with my trigger hand getting weaker due to the nerve disease, cidp, which is affecting me this year by not gripping the stock enough and keeping the butt into my shoulder, this has caused some vertical groups at times which had me scratching my head. pretty sure that is what caused it now so will have to start paying more attention to how i'm holding the gun.

I'm in southeast Va. in sussex county, it's farm country where I have a 140 acre farm here where we live.

Good deal, I have a 6.5cm and I don’t reload. I keep all the brass just in case I ever decide to reload. I was going to offer them to you if you were close by. Probably 30-50 cases

appreciate it, I have over 100 right now which will last a long time. do you like the caliber for deer hunting? as far as performance.

yesterday was a good day with this gun testing loads for it. tried the 117gr. shock hammer bullet and 39 gr. of varget powder and a magnum rifle primer, federal m215 to get a 3/4"-1" group of 4 rounds off of a card table, also had he same powder load with the 110 gr. hammer hunter bullet show promise also with two shots real close and the third a little high, but that one was a warm barrel shot. for some reason the magnum primer helped these loads so far. starting to like this gun more and more. have about 60 shots on it so far.

also for these loads I used a redding body die and a redding neck die with the neck sizing bushing in it and used a .290 bushing for a little more neck tension, also crimped slightly with the lee factory crimp die. I believe all this helped the little hammer gun.

I wrapped the wrist area of the grip with cloth friction tape and bulked it up and that made for an easier trigger control which I have been struggling with. my fingers are so weak from the nerve disease but the more open hand is, the strength in the fingers increases somewhat and it seamed to really help.

appreciate it, I have over 100 right now which will last a long time. do you like the caliber for deer hunting? as far as performance.
Haven’t shoot a deer with it yet. Didn’t get a chance to go much last year. Hopefully this year I’ll get to pull the trigger. I’m sure it will perform

Took a deer last year with my 6.5 creedmoor, first time I took it out hunting as I usually grab my .308 or my ML’er.
my gun is crazy accurate with Hornady American Whitetail 129’s, hit the deer in my typical double lung shot placement and I was shocked when it just fell over right where I shot it.

deer season is gonna be here before you know it. neumonic, how far was the shot?

steadily buying reloading stuff a little at a time. just got a brass cleaning tumbler by frankford arsenal called the platinum series lite which is good for smaller batches of brass. using hot water, dawn dish soap lemishine dish soap booster and stainless pin media. a friend talked me into that, he said it even cleans the primer pockets and inside of the cases.

redear, been loading 6.5 cm for several years now. Tried h 4350 and others. RL-16 really shines in 6.5cm! Loading 42.7 grs. with 140 -143 gr bullets. getting 2860 fps out of a 26" savage stealth. moa accuracy. Like all powders now, it is hard to find. Green Top had it.

Latest posts

Back