CVA WOLF ISSUE

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKenny

Reaction score
Good evening,

Today I took out my CVA WOLF to verify my zero was still good. I loaded my BH 209, seated my bullet, and loaded my primer. Closed the gun, cocked the hammer, and my problems started. The hammer was hard to cock, but once cocked I could pull the trigger, as it seemed the trigger was stuck in the rear position. I tried lowering hammer by riding it while pulling trigger, but still got no movement with the trigger. Has anyone seen this issue before? What was the remedy? Anyone have any ideas? I would like to get this taken care of, as it is a safety issue.

Thanks in advance,
Dee

Re: RE: CVA WOLF ISSUE

DKenny said:
Good evening,

Today I took out my CVA WOLF to verify my zero was still good. I loaded my BH 209, seated my bullet, and loaded my primer. Closed the gun, cocked the hammer, and my problems started. The hammer was hard to cock, but once cocked I could pull the trigger, as it seemed the trigger was stuck in the rear position. I tried lowering hammer by riding it while pulling trigger, but still got no movement with the trigger. Has anyone seen this issue before? What was the remedy? Anyone have any ideas? I would like to get this taken care of, as it is a safety issue.

Thanks in advance,
Dee
Rust ??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It maybe be carboned up from blowback getting inside the trigger mechanism. Take the stock off the receiver and use a spray cleaner to blast inside the housing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

herschel conyers said:
It maybe be carboned up from blowback getting inside the trigger mechanism. Take the stock off the receiver and use a spray cleaner to blast inside the housing.

I will give this a try, thanks

I cannot get the hammer down to try and open it. Its loaded with hammer cocked. I got it outside in the shed pointed in a bucket of sand until I can figure out how to get the hammer down. I'm going to give CVA a call in the morning.

I would put something between the hammer and the firing pin, make sure if the hammer falls, the primer won’t be struck. Remove the butt stock. Look at the internals and see what you can do. Maybe also remove the fore stock. I don’t have a wolf but I’m guessing it’s similar to my Apex, with the butt stock removed, you can see all the internal stuff. If your not comfortable with that, take it to a gunsmith, you won’t be able to ship it to CVA in that condition.

DKenny said:
Thank you for the guidance. I will report back with outcome.
Let us know how it turns out.

Got it figured out and everything is now good.
Removed the forend from barrel and used a punch to remove big black pin. That allowed me to separate the barrel from receiver and remove all components.

Thank you all for the help.

Dee

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Could not find any thing causing the issue and I cannot duplicate the problem

I gave it another good cleaning.

Great news, and good luck this season.

DKenny said:
Could not find any thing causing the issue and I cannot duplicate the problem

I gave it another good cleaning.

Just curious but did your cleaning include inside of the action?

My Nephew had a "Cocking" issue on his older Wolf, but don't remember the particulars of it. He was able to unload it and CVA had him send it in. They said it was caused by some carbon inside the action. They cleaned it out and shimmed the firing pin bushing and returned it. Worked fine after that.

Back