CVA Wolf or Optima

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had good luck with these
810T0aJ.jpg

The Impact, even with a scope, tends to be a light gun. From experience I can tell you that a 77grain weighed charge, or the 100 grain measure equivalent, with a 300 grain bullet is going to be punchy so you'll want to be certain you have good eye relief with the scope if you ever decide to go to a heavier bullet down the road. The 250 grain bullet you mention and a 90 grain [measured charge I assume] charge of 209 Blackhorn should be fairly manageable recoil wise and should give very good accuracy too.

The Impact, even with a scope, tends to be a light gun. From experience I can tell you that a 77grain weighed charge, or the 100 grain measure equivalent, with a 300 grain bullet is going to be punchy so you'll want to be certain you have good eye relief with the scope if you ever decide to go to a heavier bullet down the road. The 250 grain bullet you mention and a 90 grain [measured charge I assume] charge of 209 Blackhorn should be fairly manageable recoil wise and should give very good accuracy too.
Yes It is a measured charge. Thank you for the reply, I'm really looking forward to shooting this gun

Back