CVA Wolf vs Optima

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

Reaction score
Of course, we’re enablers. It’s an American tradition to help other people spend their money:).
IMHO BH209 is the best way to go, but just about impossible to find right now. With 70 weighed grains a 240 grain XTP in a green crush rib sabot, my Accura MR has made one inch 100 yard groups.

Jbrown69

Reaction score
I personally have not seen an optima that didn't shoot well. I have seen some wolf's that didn't and some that did. Not knocking the wolf but the optima is worth the money. Get nitride if you can.

concretus

Reaction score
Did you get the one with fiber optic sights or the one piece scope base?
Actually, this has a one piece base but it’s not the one that is one of the options…It had 1” rings but I told the seller he could keep them if he wanted them. I have a 30mm scope I plan on mounting on the rifle…

concretus

Reaction score
I did pick up some T/C superglide sabots For .452” bullets… I wanted to try some of the .45 LC and .45acp bullets I have…Anybody try that and what kind of results did you have?

bobcat_trapper

Reaction score
I have a CVA Optima v2 50 LR nitride. I love way this rifle shoot so far. This is my first CVA. My friend has a wolf he likes it. I always shot Remingtons in the pass

Latest posts