CVA Wolf vs Optima

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course, we’re enablers. It’s an American tradition to help other people spend their money:).
IMHO BH209 is the best way to go, but just about impossible to find right now. With 70 weighed grains a 240 grain XTP in a green crush rib sabot, my Accura MR has made one inch 100 yard groups.

I personally have not seen an optima that didn't shoot well. I have seen some wolf's that didn't and some that did. Not knocking the wolf but the optima is worth the money. Get nitride if you can.

Did you get the one with fiber optic sights or the one piece scope base?
Actually, this has a one piece base but it’s not the one that is one of the options…It had 1” rings but I told the seller he could keep them if he wanted them. I have a 30mm scope I plan on mounting on the rifle…

I did pick up some T/C superglide sabots For .452” bullets… I wanted to try some of the .45 LC and .45acp bullets I have…Anybody try that and what kind of results did you have?

I have a CVA Optima v2 50 LR nitride. I love way this rifle shoot so far. This is my first CVA. My friend has a wolf he likes it. I always shot Remingtons in the pass

Latest posts

Back