damncold feet...ice breakers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leapfrog

Reaction score
any one tried these boot blankets while sitting on stand?
diabetic with cold feet.lucky to stay put for an hour..

Attachments

• bootblanket1.jpg
    bootblanket1.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 319
Yep. I bought some years ago. I really only used them a few times and though it seems like a good idea, I don't recall them working all that well. It was just something else to drag out in the woods. It seems like once your feet are cold, the only thing you can do is head for the barn. Maybe throw a couple of heat packs inside them.

Re: RE: damncold feet...ice breakers

2frogs said:
diabetic with cold feet.lucky to stay put for an hour..
Yes they are awesome try to take your boots off your feet stay warmer with just your socks on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

muzzlestuffer said:
2frogs said:
diabetic with cold feet.lucky to stay put for an hour..bootblanket1.jpg
Yes they are awesome try to take your boots off your feet stay warmer with just your socks on.

I'm not diabetic but do have circulation issues due to meds and the feet can be a problem. I bought boots a size larger and changed the type of socks worn in them. When I get to the stand I re-tie the boots much looser and this has been my salvation. Also, the design of the seat you use can cut circulation up high if your butt is placed low and the legs create a pinch point where they hang over the edge of the seat portion. I use a couple of the bean bag sort of insulated camo seat cushions in my camp chair and top them with a closed cell foam camo pad to get my fanny higher up and out of that pocket that camp chairs create. No more problems.

I spent the money and bought a pair of heated socks, best investment Ive made to date.. on med heat my feet stay warm/toasty for 6 hrs or better. Another trick to keep feet warm spray feet with a antiperspirant wear a thin liner sock then a good wool sock. If you keep your feet from sweating they stay a lot warmer.

I got tired of having cold feet with my 400gram thinsulate Rocky boots, so found a pair of Rocky boots on sale with 1200grams thinsulate, no more cold feet in the colder months for me! I also use a heavy sock with these boots which really helps!

muzzlestuffer said:
2frogs said:
diabetic with cold feet.lucky to stay put for an hour..bootblanket1.jpg

Hmm that sounds like a good idea. Take your boots off, maybe put on a fresh pair of socks and throw in either a hand or attach a foot warmer on the bottom of your foot by your toes.

I deal with this problem a bunch in the Winter, I have a Pair of Cabelas Ultimate Pack boots, They work AWESOME but these things are HUGE!! I wear a Size 12, But had to get these in a 13, Talk about a Funny Looking sight :lol: I tried to Drive Home from my Deer Hunt 1 time in them, NOPE! I couldn’t work the Peddles, I reved my Motor to The Sky a time or 2 before I decided it wasn’t safe to proceed on, I had to change in to my Shoes.

Most recently i bought a Pair of Therma cell heated insoles, They work AWESOME if you can find a Boot big enough to Handle them, They should mention that, but they Don’t! I found a Pair of Size 13 boots over at North 40 that had a Large Removable Liner Inside, They work perfect for the Heated insoles :yeah:

I use 18” neoprene rubber 1500 gram insulated boots. The thing that helps the most (IMO) is boot dryers, along with heavy wool socks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a pair of heated socks that I am modifying with extra batteries so hopefully they will last me all day on high. I have had cold feet for most of my life. Right now I have a blanket I take out with me and wrap my legs and boots up in to help. Next year I hope to have a enclosed hunting blind that's heated.[emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

New battery packs done 8000 mAh extra battery power. Will test them in the morning.
751aac790e9d2fb2d8e1aacd5afc4634.jpg
1c213a839da2502e124a22d109191dd0.jpg

Wool socks inside the N1B Air Force mukluks with the issue wool liner work for me at below zero .

Attachments

• 00C73F47-F29E-41DF-9AC1-D9A084DEC7E0.jpeg
    00C73F47-F29E-41DF-9AC1-D9A084DEC7E0.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 216
I greatly appreciate all of your replies..I am sure i'll find
a boot or what ever that works..Thanks again and have
a safe holiday..

These things look Goofy, But they Work! The black ones are referred to as “Mickey Mouse” Boots. The White ones are called “Bunny Boots” and are Rated for the Coldest weather. You want to make sure and get the “Bata Genuine” Military. I have both the Black and White. My dad has wore a pair of the black ones for nearly 20 years here Ice fishing, he has never had cold feet a single day with these on

doGzIwym.jpg
4sBZwj2m.jpg

The black Mickey Mouse military boots have served me well for over 15 years. Much better than other boots I have tried, even Sorel.
I have those large over the boot type coverings that are shown above, i cannot say they help and are huge. Now I never tried taking my boots off and using them without boots and just socks. Might be an idea.
Twenty years or so ago I had a pair of battery socks, old D size batteries if I recall. Did not heat well or long but I am sure the new style and batteries are a big improvement.

Idaholewis said:
These things look Goofy, But they Work! The black ones are referred to as “Mickey Mouse” Boots. The White ones are called “Bunny Boots” and are Rated for the Coldest weather. You want to make sure and get the “Bata Genuine” Military. I have both the Black and White. My dad has wore a pair of the black ones for nearly 20 years here Ice fishing, he has never had cold feet a single day with these on

doGzIwym.jpg
4sBZwj2m.jpg

i had the black ones and sold them..i still have the white ones..they did work well until
a few years ago..now not so well??..

Idaholewis said:

2frogs said:
i had the black ones and sold them..i still have the white ones..they did work well until
a few years ago..now not so well??..

My guess is you left the valve/valves open on the sides and moisture got in them? These valves are ONLY used during flight. A lot of guy’s that use these will Close the Valves TIGHT when new, then completely seal the entire valve with something like Shoe Goo

I actually have a pair of these from my days in the air force they help in snowy conditions but just sitting out in the cold my feet still get cold. My modified battery powered socks did work and still had bought 50 percent battery after over 12 hours on high. unfortunately only one of my socks worked there was a problem with the circuit board. I used one of my hand warmers stuffed in my boot and just stuck my toes on it for the day. luckily I have 4 of them.and a good blanket to wrap my feet and legs in. I have fixed the other sock control and will get to fully test them on thursday bow hunting.

Back