Daughter smokeless buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoobilly

Reaction score
My daughter has killed several bucks over the years. With a rifle and my older 209x50 encore and now her first smokeless muzzleloader buck.

she wanted to hunt during rifle season and we didn’t get to go as she got sick. Soonce muzzleloader opened we went a couple times and then the crud hit her again. The 2nd week on Thursday morning I asked her if she was able to try a afternoon hunt. She said definitely. Wind was 20mph and I knew that it would die down some as the evening went on. I told her we would sitin the blind on a small hayfield fencerow over a small hill to hopefully stay out of the wind for the most part. Fast forward to 5:20 I seen doe run from the south field into the swamp hole cattail thicket. Then a minute later filter back out into thesmall hayfield we were sitting in. 5 doe came out and started feeding just under the rise of the hill to stay out of the wind. Doe glanced back and I looked to the cattails and seen rack. Told my daughter to get the encore up and out of the window. She got the hammer back and I told her to wait as he turned back and followed a deer trail around some bushes and then proceeded to step over the barb wire into the hayfield. He was gonna make a beeline to the doe feeding. I whispered to her that I would get him to stop and she needed to be ready. I grunted and he froze and looked straight at us. Kapow! He spun around and maybe ran 30 before piling up! She started getting jittery and we fist pumped a couple times!
she stated she’s surprised she hit it as she was shaking so bad 😂. I told her I had to calm my voice cause I was about to lose it myself

aprox 90-100 yards. The Parker 250BE shoots good. But that bullet fell apart.

Attachments

• 1F92EE98-E282-4EF7-A040-EECA5D85B024.jpeg
    1F92EE98-E282-4EF7-A040-EECA5D85B024.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 74
Congrats,to you and your young hunting partner. That's a beautiful buck. Its not fun if we don't get the shakes. My son who's 30 now used to shake so bad when he started hunting at 12 ,I actually one time took the gun from him. He shot a doe at the end of that season, he turned to me and said, " I didn't even get nervous dad ! " He then threw up..lol

Congrats,to you and your young hunting partner. That's a beautiful buck. Its not fun if we don't get the shakes. My son who's 30 now used to shake so bad when he started hunting at 12 ,I actually one time took the gun from him. He shot a doe at the end of that season, he turned to me and said, " I didn't even get nervous dad ! " He then threw up..lol
That’s classic!!!!

she has killed a few deer. Obviously she got jacked up when her buck came out of the cattails lol

Last edited:
Awesome!!!! Being with them to see their excitement is such a great experience!! I enjoy seeing my kids shoot deer even more than taking one myself.

Congrats to the young lady. Congrats to you for teaching her this great sport of hunting. Marvelous buck!

Good for her. Nice buck.

The jacket on the Parker BE bullets is very thin, about .015", if my memory is not failing me here today.

That makes them easy to size.

These bullets tend to come apart when they hit a bone. This causes a shrapnel effect inside the animal, which produces a devastating wound. The first deer I shot with one of these bullets looked like the tissue around the wound had been turned to hamburger.

Back