Day One in the books

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was out for the season opener this morning.
Nice and cool, in the 40's. Didn't see any deer but that's OK.
I did find plenty of sign.
The mornings are cool this time of year but it warms up in the afternoon. It's about 80 now.
I'll try again during the week.
My hunting season might be cut short this year.
I've been kinda sick lately. A CT Scan has shown that I have diverticulitis.
I can't seem to eat any real solid food. The pain in my gut is horrible at times.
I have an appointment with a surgeon on October 11th.
Wish me luck.

I was out for the season opener this morning.
Nice and cool, in the 40's. Didn't see any deer but that's OK.
I did find plenty of sign.
The mornings are cool this time of year but it warms up in the afternoon. It's about 80 now.
I'll try again during the week.
My hunting season might be cut short this year.
I've been kinda sick lately. A CT Scan has shown that I have diverticulitis.
I can't seem to eat any real solid food. The pain in my gut is horrible at times.
I have an appointment with a surgeon on October 11th.
Wish me luck.
Dangit man, I'm glad to hear that you got out for the opener, I rarely ever have days where I don't see any deer, but when I do have a day like that, I never get upset over it. Its still a wonderful day in the woods with just the critters & nature. Its never a bad day. My best wishes for a speedy recovery & I hope things go well with the Doc.

Glad you got out today Jim. Remnants of the hurricane kept me and my friends from going out for today's archery opening. Looking to go next Saturday and the whole week of the 10th. Never a problem not seeing any deer for me either, just enjoy being out in the woods. Hopefully you will not need surgery to correct your issue, maybe just a diet change?? Tough year for you and hope it gets better.
John

Last edited:
Prayers bud!

I've had diverticulitis twice and caught it early. Even then it was not fun. If I was diagnosed with it, I sure as hell would not be waiting until the 11th. Its dangerous stuff and should be treated pronto before it gets out of the intestines and into other organs. You should be on heavy duty antibiotics right now.

Latest posts

Back