Deals im seeing on upper mid end scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a buddy put a Vortex on a .50 Optima and it lasted 3 shots. Knocked the lenses out of alignment.
Only good thing I have to say about them is that he had his replacement in a week. It has held up for about a dozen shots so far. He is not a shooter. He only hunts with it and has me check zero each year.
The guy is helpless and can't even follow turret directions!

All depends on the model. The complaints on the Razor line and DiamondBack HPs are minimal. IMO most of the Viper line are way over priced and not all that durable. The Viper HS 2.5-10x44 though i have not seen hardly any failure complaints. Seen lots of the PST failure posts.

You can get a Sightron STAC FFP zero stop for $600 or less and i would bet anything it holds up better and tracks better.

Wanted to bump this again for Camera Land. Anyone looking for good Japanese made glass in 6-24x50 really should take a look at the 2 Sightron SIIIs they got on sale. About $700 for the FFP and $650 for the Zero Stop model in SFP. Thats a heckuva lot of scope for that kinda dough. Eye relief is ok and not extremely heavy. More than i care for on a hunting rifle but not by much.

The SIII line and SV line are made at the Kenko factory in Japan. Those guys have made many scopes for OEMs including SWFA SS. They know how to make a scope that tracts and handles recoil.

Back