Deep Curl success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally had an opportunity to fill my tag a few weeks ago on the opening day of Ohio gun season. Using an Optima V2, 300gr .452 Deep Curl, 90 gr BH209, and MMP HPH-24 sabot. He stepped into a small opening between the woods and standing corn at 50 yards, quartering to. Dropped on the spot (due to a high hit - just above and slightly forward of shoulder). Surprised when cleaning him to find the Deep Curl just under the hide toward the back of the ribs. Guessing the slight deformation is from hitting the backbone.

And I’d just like to thank everyone contributing in these forums. I’d still be shooting the prepackaged “muzzleloader bullets” if not for finding this sight. Thanks!4819493A-2C97-450A-A5A6-8121BD6E2CC2.jpegCC1510E0-EEBA-4E36-8ADD-F136C635E9CE.jpeg 20A0B6A9-BA3C-4994-AFFC-21A7768F83D9.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally had an opportunity to fill my tag a few weeks ago on the opening day of Ohio gun season. Using an Optima V2, 300gr .452 Deep Curl, 90 gr BH209, and MMP HPH-24 sabot. He stepped into a small opening between the woods and standing corn at 50 yards, quartering to. Dropped on the spot (due to a high hit - just above and slightly forward of shoulder). Surprised when cleaning him to find the Deep Curl just under the hide toward the back of the ribs. Guessing the slight deformation is from hitting the backbone.

And I’d just like to thank everyone contributing in these forums. I’d still be shooting the prepackaged “muzzleloader bullets” if not for finding this sight. Thanks!View attachment 6863View attachment 6864 View attachment 6865
X2 for sure !!!!

Hay brother glad to see things worked out for you . Aren't those some beautiful looking flowers (bullets) when they bloom out
Congrats on a awesome buck also :bravo::bravo:

And I’d just like to thank everyone contributing in these forums. I’d still be shooting the prepackaged “muzzleloader bullets” if not for finding this sight. Thanks!View attachment 6863View attachment 6864 View attachment 6865
Nice buck. Do you live in Ohio? I'm in Monroe county.

nice performance from the 300 Deep Curls - Congratulations on an awesome buck

Bet you were pumped! Nice Ohio buck.
Agreed on the help from this forum. I’ve found someone has been there, tried or done that. Saves a lot of “sperimenting”.

Excellent, nice buck!
The Deep Curl was meant to be a Fusion knock off, which is based off a Gold Dot. Note the "dot" in the center. Impressive weight retention for hitting the spine.

Thats a Pretty Buckeye buck! Congrads! We had some crazy winds down in Gallia Co first 2 days, they did not move around like you would hope.

Latest posts

Back