Deer Hunt Consolation Prize=A Hog

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Killed a boar this evening:

744oEO2l.jpg

You must have a hog problem out there. How many have you killed this year?

Yes, that area has a serious hog problem that has adversely impacted the deer. A lease partner and myself have trapped around 40 hogs this year. This year i've shot about ten adults and over 80 small pigs. About half of the small ones were killed in another area.

Yes, that area has a serious hog problem that has adversely impacted the deer. A lease partner and myself have trapped around 40 hogs this year. This year i've shot about ten adults and over 80 small pigs. About half of the small ones were killed in another area.
Holy smokes !!! Thats not a problem thats a damn infestation !!! My God thats alot of them !!! In 1 more generation that could easily be 500 to over a 1000 MORE !!! OKIE HOG YOU NEED SOMETHING BELT FED !!!! Man i heard it was bad but i NEVER imagined ANYTHING like THAT !!!!!! And thats JUST the ones you SHOT !!! MOST had to get away !!! Aww GEEZ !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Met a rancher who owns 1.5 miles of property along the north side of the Red River. The rancher hired a veteran hog trapper who caught over 1,500 hogs in one month. Within 30 days it was like the trapper never came.

We could organize a group ML hunt to come help you clear up some of that infestation.

Sorry, the terms of our lease won't allow that.

Met a rancher who owns 1.5 miles of property along the north side of the Red River. The rancher hired a veteran hog trapper who caught over 1,500 hogs in one month. Within 30 days it was like the trapper never came.

Sorry, the terms of our lease won't allow that.
Well, best of luck with the hogs. I bet they're as delish as venison.

Back