DESPERATION.... don't do it!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I'll just say this and its been said by many for a long time now. When you find a site that claims to have all the propellant and primers you need.... "IN STOCK"....

ITS A SCAM. PERIOD.

Don't get desperate and lose a bunch of money, which you WILL LOOSE.

Here's one someone warned about. He's a member....

Primers | Facebook

Agree! My buddy got taken a while back. I only buy from reputable sites now. Not only are there scammers, there is a ton of counterfeit items. I mean really, that new $400 Leupold that you got on ebay or Amazon for $100.... well 99.9% its a fake (along with a ton of other items). Even the big manufacturers have warned us. Buyer beware. Eventually stock will ramp back up, seems much of the hoarding has slowed down a little bit.

I've seen Chinese Swhacker broadheads on Ebay for about a dollar apiece. I think they're a one and done deal, if they even work correctly.

I've seen Chinese Swhacker broadheads on Ebay for about a dollar apiece. I think they're a one and done deal, if they even work correctly.
But are they a copy of a Chinese made broadhead or the same broadhead made in the same factory just not imported by Swhacker?Swhackers are made in China.

Last edited:
I found 3 scam dealers last week while looking for 209 primers. They copied other companies websites. You can tell when the grammar, syntax and spelling is wrong. One was a house in Topeka Kansas, another in the national forest in Florida, and another in south Texas, close to Mexico. All three had EVERYTHING in stock. And they frequently want you to pay with Bitcoin. Google Bitcoin and read what Wikipedia says about fraud and Bitcoin. Internet fraud is rampant. Always find where they are located and look at their facilities on Google maps street view.
A holster company I talked to wasn't in Topeka, Kansas, they were in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and the holster was made in Pakistan.
Reputable companies have addresses, product reviews (but ya gotta be careful about those too), phone numbers, and they speak English.

That whole advertisement was really bad. every pic of primers was really old stock, taped back together boxes. Just a small hodgepodge assorted few things. Nothing bulk like any mail order would be. They didn't even try to hide that bear trap of a scam

But are they a copy of a Chinese made broadhead or the same broadhead made in the same factory just not imported by Swacker?Swackers are made in China.
Don't know for sure but when a 3 pack goes for about 40 bucks at Cabela's. Why does a 12 pack go for about 20 bucks on Ebay.
Makes me suspicious of the quality.

Optics and Ammo is a website that is often brought up here. I have warned many people about this site. I don't know why it has not been shut down.

Agree! My buddy got taken a while back. I only buy from reputable sites now. Not only are there scammers, there is a ton of counterfeit items. I mean really, that new $400 Leupold that you got on ebay or Amazon for $100.... well 99.9% its a fake (along with a ton of other items). Even the big manufacturers have warned us. Buyer beware. Eventually stock will ramp back up, seems much of the hoarding has slowed down a little bit.
Definitely be careful about eBay I'm lucky I ordered set of oil and gas cap for chainsaw should have known better way to cheap but whatever three months later got something in plastic covers with Chianese writing not what I ordered and can't find find anyone who knows what they are. If it's too good to be true it definitely isn't

I got beat a couple times, PayPal always made it good, just lucky. I bought a pair of vortex binoculars, I received an empty box. bought a penn reel , it never showed up, got paid back , 2 months later the reel showed up, I was a Winner that day. it is shady out there

When placing a want to buy add then the scammers come out of the wood work It's easy to become a victim especially when you want some thing that you can't find any where else No matter how bad you want something never answer an e-mail saying I have what you want

Ebay, I've found, is overrun with crap. Some sellers simply put a stupid high price, hoping someone will pay it. Others are mis-labelled. Duplicate listings for the same item also. "powder horn" or "flask" query will bring up all of the above. Then, there's the "shipping and handling" fee scam - especially for small items such as gun parts.

Occasional bargains are out there, for sure. Interesting to me is how our queries result in ads both on the P/C and cellphones. "Ad Blocker" free service stops quite a few for me.

Don't know for sure but when a 3 pack goes for about 40 bucks at Cabela's. Why does a 12 pack go for about 20 bucks on Ebay.
Makes me suspicious of the quality.
Because they're cheap knockoffs the blades have hardly any flex and will snap off. I've proven this to several people by shooting 3/4" plywood. I wouldn't trust my freezer full of meat to them. Much less the buck of a lifetime.

Latest posts

Back